• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Reynolds - Getting a export every couple hours

jhpeters77

Green Pea
Apr 28, 2011
First Name
Joe
Looking to see if anyone know of a company or way to get my inventory out of Reynolds to IOL every 2-3 hours?

I had this automated with IOL back in the day using Datacaster. Once IOL got certified they pulled the plug on it as Reynolds security was getting tighter and harder to maintain.

I switched to Dealervault but they are now having issues pulling multiple times a day. Currently I'm manually sending Era exports via FTP to IOL to keep this moving but is a task unto it's own and looking for a easier way.

Good luck - I've been trying for 5 years.

Can you give me some more information on the DealerVault thing? I was told they had access to do exactly that and was going to touch base with them at the next conference to discuss it.

Been using them about a year doing exactly what I wanted, pulling files every couple hours and sending it to IOL.

Over the past three months they have been having a harder time staying running with active accounts as Reynolds keeps disabling them after a day or two. They have no automated system telling you the feed is dead and normally takes them a few days to contact you, if you let it get that far.

I've been manually pushing for the last two months because of this. I've been holding of dropping them because I was told several months ago they were working on a solution for this. But from my more recent conversations with some of their people, they seem to be more content with getting a once a day feed and don't seem to be concerned about doing a feed every few hours.

Please let me know if you hear any different coming from them as this is the vibe I'm getting from them at this point.

It's not DealerVault that has to roll out the fix, it's Reynolds.
They cut off everyone down to the basic system. Essentially, what was revealed is that many vendors who claim to be certified were using a very non-certified way to get the inventory. Query Builder got shut down, Dynamic Reporting scheduler got shut down and homenet and many other vendors can only get me one file per day now.

Reynolds locked out numerous controllers at my client dealerships so they could not access the system at all.

No insight other than what has happened in the last 10 years.

As exports become more complicated (set up, access, maintenance, etc) the support needed will increase and it will be monetized towards the client (dealer). An option would be full database available to the data companies but this goes against the current line of data security, so hence my guess for needing a new layer of support for this activity.

I don't think that's something they're interested in.
They're not shutting this off because it's complicated, they're shutting it off because they don't want us to have the access. I'm in a position to say that because we offered to pay them all their fees and filled out all their paperwork to get "certified" and they said no.

I'm talking about a sales manager exporting a list of nothing but VIN and LIST_PRICE and getting banned from the system because he did it once in the morning and once in the evening. Our whitelisted accounts we had setup for the controller were all banned because of "Security Concerns".