• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Reynolds - Getting a export every couple hours

@craigh Does the back office where the sales manager works key in each vehicle on delivery?

Hey Chris,

Not sure what you mean. All the vehicles are in Reynolds and when they sell it gets entered into the Delivery Services Request form and gets marked as sold in Reynolds and in vAuto. vAuto updates AutoTrader and the website with the sold status, ERA just removes the vehicle from the active status code.

Hey Chris,

Not sure what you mean. All the vehicles are in Reynolds and when they sell it gets entered into the Delivery Services Request form and gets marked as sold in Reynolds and in vAuto. vAuto updates AutoTrader and the website with the sold status, ERA just removes the vehicle from the active status code.

Do you know how they get into Reynolds? I suppose somebody in the back office handles keying them in on delivery. I've seen a fair share of fat fingering the VIN/Stock #'s. Was wondering if a better solution would be to 1. Offer a centralized web service to key vehicle information to that has an API for third parties and 2. Offer a "hot key" script that enters vehicle details in Reynolds (and maybe others) so nobody has to do it again.

Am I smoking crack rock or does this idea have some potential?

Do you know how they get into Reynolds? I suppose somebody in the back office handles keying them in on delivery. I've seen a fair share of fat fingering the VIN/Stock #'s. Was wondering if a better solution would be to 1. Offer a centralized web service to key vehicle information to that has an API for third parties and 2. Offer a "hot key" script that enters vehicle details in Reynolds (and maybe others) so nobody has to do it again.

Am I smoking crack rock or does this idea have some potential?

The issue with this, because we looked at it, is a few things:
  1. The DMS has to be the primary data source or Accounting will kill me.
  2. Automatically keying data into Reynolds is borderline impossible because they captcha everything
  3. Everytime something new happens, Reynolds goes out of their way to shut it down. It's happened 3 times to us already - we're at the point where you can't even fill out a captcha over RDP now without a special EXE executable we use that tricks it into thinking it's not an RDP session.

The issue with this, because we looked at it, is a few things:
  1. The DMS has to be the primary data source or Accounting will kill me.
  2. Automatically keying data into Reynolds is borderline impossible because they captcha everything
  3. Everytime something new happens, Reynolds goes out of their way to shut it down. It's happened 3 times to us already - we're at the point where you can't even fill out a captcha over RDP now without a special EXE executable we use that tricks it into thinking it's not an RDP session.

Jesus. Lol talk about a company abusing market power...

They've changed the system a few times.
Currently I believe it runs the exporter and leaves the end result file encrypted. When you add the captcha it then decrypts the file and completes the export.

I'm not sure entirely because we've almost given up. We had a solution 3 or 4 times and it always gets shafted shortly after.