• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Reynolds - Getting a export every couple hours

DealerVault is not certified by any DMS provider. 'Certification' would increase the overall cost to our clients without any added benefits.

Without any added benefits doesn't really apply since RCI certification would give you better access to reports and wouldn't require the client to push the file manually - that's a huge benefit that one of my clients offered to pay $10,000/year for.

Without any added benefits doesn't really apply since RCI certification would give you better access to reports and wouldn't require the client to push the file manually - that's a huge benefit that one of my clients offered to pay $10,000/year for.
We've heard of application fees being 2-3x what your client offered, not to mention exorbitant monthly fees per rooftop and large six figure commitments annually which most or some of then get passed along to the dealer. We have several third parties coming to us now that are RCI because the fees are cost prohibitive to do business. It sounds like you can relate, looking forward to speaking with you at DD19.
A few of the benefits our clients enjoy are:
· Secure activation to vendors from their dealer DMS system through RackSpace
· Peace of mind through indemnification and a $20 million dollar cyber liability policy
· Data distribution transparency between each dealership and their vendor/partners

RCI is killing the automotive industry, making everyone go to a manual system or go out of business. Yes even the RCI people are struggling and that is because Reynolds does not care. They have already signed those people up and are getting money. If they can not connect or have issues oh well. What are they going to do? Nothing! They are 100% dependent on Reynolds for everything. On top of that if they wanted to take any legal action they already have a contract, which states Reynolds is null and void of any wrong doing. RCI companies are screwed. They are barred from talking about the contract. They can be kicked out of RCI for any reason with 30 day notice. On top of all that Reynolds can raise there rates on RCI customers at the end of 1 year. So every year Reynolds can change the rules to the game and really screw the RCI customers. 100% control.

IS anyone really shocked, RR is up to their old tricks and dealers will sit by and just let it happen. I will give a little advice if you are on R&R and your contract is coming up tell them you are looking at other options and that they need to lower their price to get you to stay. They have been doing this for some dealers, not sure if they will for all or not. They are losing so much market share they are finally getting religion to save deals.

Read the bylaws from the STAR STANDARDS group. The bylaws were amended after the first meeting(s) because of what the Bylaws call "Rump Room" deals. No kidding.

I can get direct access into any R&R system with ease if a dealer consents. It's actually easy if you know what you are doing.

I just spoke to another vendor who told me the same thing, but I have yet to find an ongoing access that can be scheduled for gathering inventory. All my dealers are consenting and begging for a solution.

The first rule of fight club (aka RCI) is that you can't talk about fight club. You also cannot disclose to your customers that the amount you are raising your fees are due to the greedy pigs at Reynolds and that you are passing along a direct cost. Its pathetic, and it will not continue forever. Many companies have figured out that the DMS should be pared back to being just an accounting ssytem, use a system (or series thereof) to do your daily business had bite the bullet on duplicate data entry.