• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ReyRey Contact Management issue: Skating someone and erasing the evidence?

Patrick80639

3rd Base Coach
Oct 22, 2009
Awards
First Name
Patrick
Just had an issue brought up to me concerning our CRM, ReyRey Contact Management. I'll try to make the story as concise as possible.

Salesman A helps a customer who is in service, does not sell him a car at the time. Afterwards, he searches and finds client in contact management, adds a new prospect for him to record visit. Updates prospect with notes each time client is contacted. Customer comes in when Salesman A is off, salesman B sells customer a car. Salesman A noticies his customer's very unique trade-in in our bullpen when he comes into work. He proceeds to check conatct management to see who sold his customer a car. I'm sure much to his dismay; the prospect he added, along with all the notes have dissapeared. The client is no longer listed under salesman A's "My Clients". There is a strong suspicion salesman B's manager deleted the prospect.

My question is, is there any way we could see if this is indeed what happened or not? Is there a log or some kind of repository for deleted prospects? First time I've had this particular issue arise. The client is still in contact management, but the new prospect is gone, along with all notes and activites.

Any help solving this mystery would be greatly appreciated. Lets get our thinking caps on! Mine apparently is a bit worn out today.

From everything I have found there is no way to find out if someone has deleted the record. However, if you suspect that, you can make it so only the admin is allowed to delete a prospect. And if I'm not mistaken, the last prospect record for any client can never be deleted.

Believe me when I say this, but there is a log of everything that has been done within your CRM system. If the CRM is hosted locally I would suggest calling your CRM provider and ask them how you can obtain these user logs. Within the logs you should be able to find out what was done on the CRM timestamped with user information as well.

Anytime a database is involved with technology, there is always a cookie trail of what is going on for trouble shooting and error reporting.

Best of luck and let us know how this plays out.