• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

RIP Facebook Marketplace for Car Dealers

Yeah we are a small operation but became Inventory Partners with Facebook so this hurts a little. Just like with Craigslist when it was free we feel that skirting the rules is always a short term solution. It never lasts. So we've had to approach this the same way and instead create new helpful ways dealers can integrate with Facebook.

The catalog will still be fed so Boosting your individual listings or your catalog (w AIA) is possible. And then in addition what we've done is set up the ability to post individual vehicles and all of their pictures as a post to the newsfeed that you can then Boost, which is popular with Independent Dealers.

The catalog will still be fed so Boosting your individual listings or your catalog (w AIA) is possible. And then in addition what we've done is set up the ability to post individual vehicles and all of their pictures as a post to the newsfeed that you can then Boost, which is popular with Independent Dealers.

We looked at this too, but we decided that the more effective route to get eyeballs would be generating our own inventory ads.
So we take the same feed that would have gone to Facebook, but we generate ads and send them to Facebook so that they run them as ads.

One of the many places they run those ads is the Marketplace, but that's a low % of the overall delivery network we end up hitting.

Reactions: Matt Kelley
Without a call to action? Or am I missing something? It wouldn't make sense to boost a newsfeed post with just images and text.
Yep yep there's more to it :) Just pointing out it's a post and not a share link. Uploading vehicle pics in a post when they aren't on your hard drive is half the battle though hah

As far as Catalogs and FBMP goes, though, we are waiting to see what changes FB makes. What does their "vdp" look like when it's not a marketplace listing, what sharing it looks like, etc. Not convinced what we see now is how it will stay. Seems to be pretty buggy still...

Reactions: digital_gangster
For one I think this is a good thing. Vendors are uploading your inventory feed to marketplace via AIA then creating leads and taking credit for them. The big agencies will just upload your feed and have one ad that scrolls the entire inventory. (We all know people don't scroll the whole inventory) I have been doing the AIA for some time now and have it all figured out. I have a 2 feed providers that was able to format it correctly for Facebook. A few scripts and BAM! all inventory is on Facebook. There are also ways to creatively add graphics to the ads, create specific vehicle sets, and even add actual payments. DM me if you want to know more. I do manage this kind of stuff for dealers.
Can I get more info about it.

We have given an office worker admin rights on FB to manually post our used vehicles. When she goes to save or edit the listing goes to her pesonal Facebook page. And we cannot figure out why when I can save them under the dealership name. Help would be greatly appreciated.