• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

PR & News Roll Call for TWO upcoming Events - Digital Dealer Fall '23 and ASOTU CON

And a little odd that they are rescheduling the conference but also plan on hosting a webinar with all of the sessions? :thinker:
Tried to register for one of these webinars - never got the link to join. I feel bad for those tied up in this mess.

I hope DD has success with their show - won't be making it down, but I hear they're offering some last minute discounts so hopefully that's not a bad sign.

Tried to register for one of these webinars - never got the link to join. I feel bad for those tied up in this mess.

I hope DD has success with their show - won't be making it down, but I hear they're offering some last minute discounts so hopefully that's not a bad sign.
Digital Dealer was giving dealers a free conference ticket + a $600 Visa gift card to offset their travel expenses in exchange for agreeing to meet vendors in a speed networking format where each vendor is allotted 3 minutes (total time commitment of 1 hour per day).

Reactions: joe.pistell
Digital Dealer was giving dealers a free conference ticket + a $600 Visa gift card to offset their travel expenses in exchange for agreeing to meet vendors in a speed networking format where each vendor is allotted 3 minutes (total time commitment of 1 hour per day).
I heard that feature is really great, but if dealers aren't signing up for it then I can see why they had to resort to that.
Doesn't feel like a good sign either way.

I heard that feature is really great, but if dealers aren't signing up for it then I can see why they had to resort to that.
Doesn't feel like a good sign either way.
Yeah, I would actually enjoy getting 3-minute elevator pitches from dozens of vendors*.

What I wouldn't enjoy is the dozens of follow-up calls that are guaranteed to take place in the months that follow.

*Assuming the vendor can succinctly boil their offering down to 3 minutes. This is a big if, and I don't think many vendors are capable of doing so. Many would instead use the 3 minutes to probe to see how big of a fish they have on the line and spend the 3 minutes angling for an hour-long demo.

Yeah, I would actually enjoy getting 3-minute elevator pitches from dozens of vendors*.
That's what PitchTank was all about and I loved the idea.

I predict that the next 20 emails in your inbox will have the subject line "Hey Ryan, can I get 3 minutes of your time?"
I've been shopping around lately for things like a phone system, sentiment analysis tools and some servers.
It's amazing how many people refuse to send me a summary, pricing or answers to my questions without having a zoom meeting.

Reactions: Chris Cachor
I've been shopping around lately for things like a phone system, sentiment analysis tools and some servers.
It's amazing how many people refuse to send me a summary, pricing or answers to my questions without having a zoom meeting.
It's even worse when you have to attend a meeting with a gatekeeper/lead qualifier before you even get the privilege to speak to an actual sales rep.