• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Rude Cold Call Sales Reps

Aimee

Green Pea
Feb 5, 2021
Awards
First Name
Aimee
How can a salesperson honestly think by being rude to you, you will sign up with them/ their company?

I had a sales representative, John Bowman, from Milestone Marketing all me today, a Monday at 8:53am. He asked if I was in charge of our dealerships digital marketing. I said that I was. He said " great, I know I am calling you out of the blue, but we have this great product that will help you." I said thanks, but I am not interested. He pushes on, saying how he's helped dozens of dealerships just like me, and it would benefit me to schedule a short demo with him. I said again, "No thanks, I am not interested. Our digital marketing performs very well and I am not looking to change anything at this time."

He then says " Wow, you must have the nephew of someone important doing it for you then." I said "Nope, but for comments like that we will never do business with your company thanks. "

I get they have a job to do, but that definitely isn't the way to do it. I couldn't tell you the number of reps I have spoken to over the years trying to sell our dealerhsip something. If we are in the market to change something, I will listen. If we aren't, I let them know. I am not about to waste my time or thiers. Most are very nice and will usually ask if they can send me some info to look over when I have some time and to keep them in mind for the future. I am okay with that and have gone back to those emails when things change and will call them up. Then you have reps like this guy.

WOW! I have been a member of this forum for a long time so I don't know how I just came across this post however as a vendor I want to personally say that is infuriating to hear cold callers are doing this. I am glad you called this guy out by name. Shameful

I get it. Making cold calls to dealerships is a grind. Sometimes, you have to change things up to relieve boredom.

Buuuuuuuuut... that ain't the way!

Thanks for sharing, Aimee. This is the perfect place to put this, as many vendors watch DealerRefresh. Regardless of whether anyone at Milestone Marketing gets this, others will heed warning from your experience (y)

Reactions: Jeff Kershner