• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Running ads in December: Stop on the 24th?

I would and have always ran the ads for the whole month, unless there was an actual deadline. Being a luxury brand, December is a busy month for us and the week before the new years (and after Christmas), we often get a swarm of business owners that procrastinated on making a vehicle purchase for business/tax reasons.

Reactions: Chris Cachor
I would and have always ran the ads for the whole month, unless there was an actual deadline. Being a luxury brand, December is a busy month for us and the week before the new years (and after Christmas), we often get a swarm of business owners that procrastinated on making a vehicle purchase for business/tax reasons.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas G-Class Season

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
This is a no brainer. The last week of Dec is the arguably the best week of the year. A lot of dealerships will see >40% of their monthly sales in one week alone. For luxury this number can be >60%. As Jeff already said it's the last week for businesses to purchase vehicles. A lot of smaller business wait until they know how their year will finish financially before they decide to buy a vehicle. So all mediums, all audiences need impressions.

Bottom line, you should spend more on ads not less during this time. Yes people are with their family, but people are still addicted to their phones and will see ads. TV viewing is also up on holidays.

Love it guys! Thanks for your feedback.

I'm always amazed to see some of our clients every year drop ads because it's slow.

Of course it's going to be slower if you cut traffic haha.

Chicken or egg? :P
I always find its funny when the dealer says "its slow/going to be slow... I should stop advertising". Self-fulfilling prophecy
if its budgeted, then when you don't use it.. and you are indeed slow... thats not a good look. "you told us you needed "x" amount to make this month a success. Wasn't a success AND you didn't spend what you said you needed to be successful". Thats always a good conversation.
:)

Reactions: Marc Lavoie
I always find its funny when the dealer says "its slow/going to be slow... I should stop advertising". Self-fulfilling prophecy
if its budgeted, then when you don't use it.. and you are indeed slow... thats not a good look. "you told us you needed "x" amount to make this month a success. Wasn't a success AND you didn't spend what you said you needed to be successful". Thats always a good conversation.
:)
For sure is self-fulfilling. I get it, and I don't.

Can't remember who said it but I got this quote on my desktop: "When things are easy is when you go hard".

If you know everyone's dropping their ad spend, this is where you grab the market.

Otherwise, I can't catch you complaining everyone's bidding on the same keywords on Google :P

Reactions: Todd Thompson