• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Salary for Internet Sales Manager or Director

I am at a crossroads with my current dealership in regard to my position...I do understand the economy but at some point just like its a business transaction to purchase a vehicle, I need to look out for my own benefit. I recently finished college with my Masters and can contribute to the company even more but again I do not want to if I am not being paid correctly (again in my estimation).

Any Ideas or thoughts would be great.

Thanks.

Brandon,

You've got the education and 4 years at one store, now you need to fill your life with rich educational work experiences. IMO, you've got a lot of learning to do, you need to get out of the work situation you are in and find a new experiences and opportunities.

Know your strengths and weaknesses. Find an opportunity that plays to your strengths. With an advanced education you should be pushing yourself harder. It's ok to be scared to leave a job you know so well. You must over come your fears or you will be locked in your own self made prison.

I'll give you the advice I gave to my sons. Whether you stay in the car biz or not, here is the best advice you'll ever get:

FIND THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS AND WORK FOR THEM...
Prepare yourself, do the research on them. Deep dive their website, do an audit, find their weaknesses. Learn their names. Visit them in person, dress nicely, ask to speak to [drop managers name], show them how and why you're impressed with them, Tell them who you are, what your potential is, hand them your resume and tell them, if you have to, you'll take any position at any wage just for the chance to work for his team. Stress to the manager what your skills are, present your audit and your suggestions.

If he won't give you an answer, let him know you're looking for a great job and he's your #1 pick. Ask if you can follow up in a few days while your seeing other car dealers for opportunities.

Ok, how do you find WHO's THE BEST? Here comes a secret that I'll share with you. THE BEST BUSINESSES HAVE THE BEST REVIEWS. Simple little rule applies to all businesses. You can't deliver a great customer experience without having your sh*t together.

Look at your town and see who ranks well
https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&so...A&daddr=1723+W+Main+St,+Stroudsburg,+PA+18360

Generally speaking, the larger the city, the bigger the opportunities. Also, the larger inventory the store has for sale, the larger the opportunities.

HTH