• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

TAKE POLL Sales Reps & their personal FB

Let me tell you, our staff that is heavy on Instagram does exactly this, and they get great interaction with names like AlexCarFinance or BillCarDeal. The setup and activity goes against everything we've ever read or been told about how to use social media, and it works, they gain tremendous followership and do business consistently. Some do not even work traffic from the lead pool, choosing instead to spend time on Instagram, and for lack of a better word, hock themselves to the public. They're not on the bottom of the sales board either. It's a head-scratcher, maybe it's the highly social market of South Florida, I don't know. When they're gaining 10k followers or more and selling, it's hard to argue.

@JamieS - That's great to hear. I never have an issue with sales people building their channels out. When I have an issue is when they build a page using the dealership name/address/phone info. (Creates local citation conflicts)

Best solution: Be proactive, create a policy, educate the staff on what they can/can't do and monitor your citations with Moz Local for any possible duplicate listings.