• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Selling cars on facebook

Joe Pistell said:
I was a FB Fan of my realtor, a sweet gal and personal friend of my wife. After about 5 open houses posts and a dozen home selling tips I shut her down.

I can appreciate that FB may not work for volume and for everyone, certainly.

But if she wasn't your realtor/ wife's best friend... and if you were thinking of selling your home, it's likely that you would be interested... and even though you'dunfriended her, it's possible that--perhaps subconsciously--her perceived skill level and credibility as a realtor went way up before you unfriended her, making her someone you'd probably remember... and if you knew of anyone selling their home/ getting ready to, it's possible you would forward them to her... BINGO! That's exactly what she wants.

I started a FB realty page for a friend in November, and her fans go up and down, sometimes by 10 people a month (it's now around 70). Nevertheless, there is a steady increase. And when there's someone in her fans she doesn't know, she looks at their profile to see what mutual friends they share, reaches individually out to them both, etc. She's picked up 3 clients that way.

If you're not looking to hit millions--yet--it's a good way to get some insight into how your networks are working for you... and it may not be in the millions, it may only be in the dozens, but one sale from that pays a decent chunk of her bills for the month.

Last edited: