• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Service Advisor using messaging to send THANK YOUS

I think it is a great idea. I send TM thank yous sometimes when a sales customer has been to our store and I've never had anybody complain.

But then, I like TM. And hate waiting through the voice mail log-in and prompts necessary to hear an actual message. Which, when you get there, is usually a time waster like, "Hi, this is ______. Give me a call when you get a chance." Grrr. Text does that way faster and is more convenient.

Of course, the way to test the idea is to simply ask yourself, "Would I want a store/dealership/vendor to send a text thank you to me?"

I also think so.

In a perfect world, it should be a phone call... that way they can address any concerns the customer had, rather than sending a generic text message.

also, most people that are above the age of 18 don't have the unlimited text plans, so that text you sent can actually cost the customer money.

what if they are out of the country and you send a text? that message could cost your customer anywhere from $.50 to $1.50.

all text messaging from a business should be opt-in.

my $.02

Last edited: