• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Service Appointment setting?

Mike, I was asking about your RO's vs those in your area. Given the number of sales, I'm with Bill in thinking it sounds a little low. Hopefully your BDC will be able to help grow that number for you! There are a number of ways a service BDC can help a dealer in their biggest profit center from CSI and follow-up to referrals and appointments.

Given the burn-out factor, you may want to look into how you can use their skills and interests to help the service department and dealership beyond just appointments as a mental break.

Mike, that's a really hard thing to tell people about, for me it started by understanding that it happened to one person and then you learn to keep an eye out as you learn the signs and then work to stop it from happening again. It's not just a CSR thing - but it seems to happen quickly if you don't know what to look for in those in a call center. With a job where the daily tasks are so monotonous, the stress and mental toll, there becomes a slow internal run down-sometimes an external change of mood as well-and as it grows, productivity wains and the job contentment level falls. This is where the break happens-they quit, stop following process or just become disillusioned with the job. Combating the early signs is key because many times there is no coming back from the breaking point. You will have to find how your personality lends itself to keeping up morale and make sure to help your staff not fall into the darkness.
One of the things I've done is my sales and service BDCs were to find out what interest and skills each person has and find a task to fit each person - weekly or monthly - that can be a break for them while helping me market the dealership and their department. Even just taking someone to lunch can really help let them know they are appreciated.