• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Service Thread - Ideas to CRANK things up

There are a bunch of Wordpress-based themes that tackle a ton of the requirements behind Service. I've pasted them all over this board. If I were a dealer looking to expand my fixed-ops biz, I'd dedicate an entire site to my service (host is outside of the corporate ranks) and dedicate a digital marketing budget with solid strategy.

Your bumps always get me lol

When I think about the years and people-power that have gone into creating an online workflow for the people on the site interested in a vehicle sale/purchase -- you know, the ones who engage with your site every 3-6 years -- and realize that almost absolutely zero effort has gone into a similar workflow for the fixed ops customers -- you know, the ones that engage with your dealership 3-4 times per year -- I shudder.

I've been saying this too often lately - I am soooo bored talking about macro-enhancements and nuance to digital sales/prospecting/advertising. The slivers of "interesting" are getting slimmer and slimmer; the slivers are less and less consequential.

Fixed?? Wiiiiiiiide open!

Have you considered a dealer-administered PPM program that you can sell in Service? If done right, it'll keep your service lane busy - and on off days when it's not, you'll have a list of people to call or email who have already agreed (and paid in advance!) to service their vehicle with you. Your advisors just have to be ready to upsell when they arrive.

Let me know if you need help with the logistics of setting this up for yourself or what you should look for in a PPM provider.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau