• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Service Writing position desired.

JohnScott

Boss
Aug 23, 2009
First Name
ME inc
My name is John and I am a recent graduate of Universal Technical Institute. I graduated from the Automotive Technologies program, a 6 hour per day, year long program with Perfect Attendance, a 3.95 GPA, 3 Student of the Class Awards, Honors, Deans List, and was Team Leader for my lab groups in all but 4 of the 17 courses.

My goal was to learn all that I could about the Technicians job, and to learn the current automobile technologies to prepare myself for a career in the Service Department. I have 15yrs+ customer service experience ranging from teaching software programs, property managment Home Owners Associations, to teaching English to employees in 5 Star Hotels in Bangkok Thailand.

I found this site by doing research on Mile One, then proceeding to Linked in where I found Jeff Kershner's profile amongst others.

I currently live in Charlottesville VA, but I am interested in relocating, and capable of moving at short notice.

Im hoping someone here can give me some advice as to the best way to acquire an entry level Service Writing/Advisor position. I have been emailing my resume, and transcript to various dealers, but prefer to meet in person as I have always had better success that way.

I am not looking for a job, I am looking for a career that I can retire from. I have lived all over the United States, England, and Thailand.

I am certain that provided with an experienced mentor that I would be an asset to any organization in no time at all, what I need is an opportunity to demonstrate my abilities.

I have a resume, transcript from Universal Technical Institute and several letters of recommendation from Instructors, past employers, and others.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

John

Last edited: