• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Setting up a Photo Booth

There is no doubt that good even, overcast lighting will look 1000x better than the average fluorescent lit booth, but it is just impossible to consistently rely on that kind of lighting, unless you are only photographing 10-15 cars a month. But trying to photo 50+ cars with more than a handful of photos will be a long shot in most areas. (This coming from a Wisconsin dealer where we are still getting snow, 2 weeks into April!).

IMO, it is also hard to compare magazine photos to any dealer photos. There is a lot of editing that goes into those type of photos. Not always, but sometimes the final photo can be a result of 10 different photos blended together!

Where did you find that Stefan? Looks solid on video. Be a bit worried around the maintenance issues of the moving parts. I love how little bit of space it uses. Efficient design.
I think a (relatively) lightweight moving backdrop would be a lot less maintenance-intensive than a rotating turnstile that is hefty enough to move a car. Elegant solution!

Where did you find that Stefan? Looks solid on video. Be a bit worried around the maintenance issues of the moving parts. I love how little bit of space it uses. Efficient design.
I was searching more info on Carvana and found it on YouTube.

I see lots of potential for smaller stores... up to 200 cars per month maybe, not sure I would do this for a high volume store.

For a higher volume dealer I would spend $12K and get a real Softbox

721750.jpg

Reactions: DuffyL