• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

share your videos here

I like it Michael, but your reviews had one bad one in there. You do that on purpose?

It's funny, that was a glowing review but the customer didn't realize they gave us only 1 star out of 5. They since changed it to 5 stars but when creating the video I didn't mind that being in there. I think some negative reviews sprinkled in with all the positive ones adds legitimacy to the page. It also gives us an opportunity to show customers we take the time to respond to complaints (you'll see a few examples of this on our Google Places page).

It's interesting to hear that review caught your attention in the video, makes me wonder if customers catch it too and then search for it... I have seen the impressions on our Google Places go up since the video was posted.

Kudos to Mitch Gallant and Capital Ford on this staff video on their MyReviews page... Awesome job Mitch!

Matthew McMillan - Dealership Ratings

Hahaha. I was not expecting the brief dubstep moment when he said he listens to classical music. That was pretty funny though. I don't know if it would make me go out of my way to work with Matthew, but it definitely makes the entire dealership look like a welcoming place & not too uptight. Nice job.

Ryan -- I noticed this while browsing DealerRater:

"We noticed you're currently located in the U.S. and so are we! Please visit our DealerRater Global website for a more optimized experience."

How is it that the Global website is more optimized for me when I'm located in the US? It seems as though the US website would be much more relevant.

Hey Kyle,

If you were browsing off of that link you were likely on the .ca site for Canadian Dealers.

Loved the dubstep part too... Would it make you go out of your way? Maybe not. Could it be that "X-Factor" that you don't consciously realize when you choose to deal with Capital Ford instead of the other Ford stores that are all within $100 of each other on a Fusion? Maybe.

If I was truly afraid of dealing with an aggressive sales person that was going to try to hard close me when all I want is to see and touch the car, I ABSOLUTELY would feel more comfortable contacting Matthew over a rep that sent me a price and asked "how soon can you get here." I know he's a human and I get a good sense of how he would handle me as a customer. The video shows his lighthearted nature in a way that no other medium can pre-visit. That's just my opinion, of course, but I am hearing a ton of good stuff about the video integration on the MyReviews pages from my dealers. It makes sense to me.

The purpose of this page and the video intros is to humanize the rep. Lead-to-Show is arguably the most important metric in the ZMOT era and I think Mitch's lighthearted videos go a LONG way to help them win that battle as a part of the individual page strategy. Clearly not every dealer is Capital Ford and this flavor isn't for everybody, but I think any salesperson that takes the extra step to humanize themselves to that lead is impacting their lead-to-show ratio positively.

Thanks for the plug Ryan, unfortunately for us and for Matt his 4 reviews where sacked off the site today because of an in store strategy to gather reviews but the videos definitely create a social object if nothing else. If you haven't heard of Hugh Macleod and Gaping Void, check it out. This is what I mean by "Social Object"

As a fresh new hire this gives him something to talk about when idle with a customer or trying to build value... we obviously need to get him some reviews again to make it worthwhile but at the same time the idea is there.