• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Sisters/Unity Works etc.

Is homenet's video vendor optimized for mobile use? My video vendor (ooyala.com) is flash and it wont work on an ipad.

Hey Joe, Mike Cosgrove over at HomeNet ... without sounding too salespitchy, our basic videos are flash as well but we do offer packages that include mobile friendly versions of all of your videos (live videos uploaded via iPhone, Android, webIOL), human voiceover videos, etc. so they'll work on iPhone, iPad, and any other device that isn't equipped with flash.

Reactions: 2 people
If I see another Caddy CTS video telling me that it has Power Windows and Locks with cruise and air conditioning... :flame:

same with inventory pages:

Optional Equipment: Power Windows, Locks, Steering Wheel, Brakes, 4 Tires...

Some dealerships really need to step back and take a look from the consumer POV and see what message their websites are really saying.

re-dic-u-lous...

Reactions: 2 people
I decided awhile back I wanted to be different and stay away from these. So many dealers videos looking the same. We have photo booths with turnstiles, green screens with custom digital backgrounds. We take and upload HD spin to YouTube and inventory management tool and then distribute. When you go this route be ready for an insane amount of technical issues and trial and error to get it to work. I am still having issues but in the end it will be worth it. YouTube channel is drivehubler

In general response to many of the comments, including AJ’s and Jeff’s, I will say that vin specific videos were revolutionary 5 years ago and it was the truly progressive dealers that were the first to jump on the vin video band wagon. Today, marketing and advertising blogs all over are showcasing the move of ad dollars to online ad spend, and particularly video in relation to both desktop and mobile shoppers. eMarketer predicts 169 million people (71% of internet users) will be watching online video each month by the end of 2012. They also estimate that US online video ad spending will enjoy an aggressive 40% year-over-year increase from 2011. (1) If you have a minute check out the article, because it outlines the shift that advertising decision makers are making to put their ad dollars into online video with Pre-roll topping the list at 63%, followed by in-banner 53%, Mobile 55%, etc.

Questions to ask are:
-How targeted is my online video strategy?
-What is the reach of my online video strategy?

Yes, website stickiness and website lead conversion are important, and can absolutely be impacted by vin specific videos but many dealers including some of the readers of this thread have expressed distaste for vin videos that are all scripted the same …. “this 2011 Acura MDX has air conditioning and power windows and locks…” and I’m sure the consumer would agree. The solution to this problem is selecting a video vendor that will utilize the custom dealer comments in your feed to determine the quality of the video voice over script. Imagine the beauty of “This Certified 2011 Acura MDX has leather seats, Acura Navigation system with Zagat Survey restaurant reviews, voice recognition system, and is backed by a 12mo/12000mi Limited warranty plus a 7 yr/100,000 mi Powertrain Limited Warranty”. In this scenario the dealer can impact the script quality. But by no means are VIN videos the end of the road for a strong online video strategy. Here are several areas that video can impact:

SEO:
-Google domination via targeted video SEO (like the Carmercial offering or UnityWorks! Media’s Accelerated Video Search Engine Optimization)
-A strong vin video SEO/YouTube strategy with NEW and USED Vin videos

Website Stickiness & Website Lead Conversion:
-Vin videos
-Relevant video content including vendor and dealer content like sales specials, service specials, customer testimonials, service how to videos, OEM content, and Dealer unique programs like Younger’s “Younger for Life” or Germain’s “Germain Advantage”, AutoNation’s “Money Back Guarantee” or Saint Paul Autos vehicle exchange program.
-Visitor friendly “video hub” where a consumer can easily access an organized delivery of all NON-VIN content. Great example: Germain Cadillac - Columbus Cadillac Dealer - Great Deals on New and Used Cadillac Cars and SUVs - Germain Cadillac of Easton.

Mobile Friendly:
-Vin videos
- Specials videos
-“Video hub”

Third Party Sites:
-Vin videos on your basic 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party sites … AutoTrader, Cars, KBB, DealerRater, Vast, Carsoup
-Specials Videos (not all sites have this option, although AutoTrader does)

Social Networking strategy:
-Vin videos
-Other relevant dealer and/or vendor content

Lead follow up:
-Are you able to respond to a lead with an invitation to view a video relevant to their request, or as an enticing offer to try and re-engage a non-respondent contact (“we’ll give you 110% value for your trade-in”)?

Fixed Ops:
-Video SEO
-Relevant website content answering many common service questions
-Video specials

Just like all things, it may be easier to hire a provider to do some or all of this for you rather than tackling this in house. However, for those that already have a savvy group of people who are able to take some of this on themselves the take-away is still the same. Vin Videos are certainly a bedrock product that can provide a lot of lift organically and on your website, but a strong video strategy should plug in and complement all your other online marketing strategies like pre-roll, SEO, in-banner advertising etc.

Oh and Jeff … BRING IT ON IN 2012!! J

Article Source:
(1)Pre-Roll, Mobile Top Video Ad Formats for 2012 - eMarketer

Reactions: 1 person
[FONT=&quot]Isn't a:

Entry level video (old voice video types) better than no video,
Basic level video (current Sister & Unity types) better than entry level video,
Advanced level video (vSHOC, vidbrid, and other enhancements) better than basic level video,
Custom (dealer made with basic tools) better than advanced level video,
Professional (dealer made by someone with knowledge) better than custom?

Now to that also remember that there is a ROI and the availability of personal playing as factors. Smaller dealers will not have the manpower, time, resources to do a professional or custom.

That leads to the fact that the middle--basic and advanced products by Unity and Sister--are a good match for the money and what they bring.[/FONT]

Hi – I’m Mike Powl, Director of Sales with SiSTeR Technologies.

I’ve enjoyed the dialogue and learned a lot about the opinions, drives and needs of the participants. I wanted to add some additional context because, at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the actual ROI and impact on your dealerships’ business.

I'd like to share 3 metrics with the group:

* A major, publicly-traded dealer group with over 100 dealerships realized an 87% increase in email leads with video vs. no video and a 69% increase in phone call leads with video vs. no video during a 12 week A/B video pilot.

* A major OEM realized a 10% increase in leads with video in their listings.

* A major, exclusive dealer group witnessed a 40% increase in their organic Google search results after the first 2 months and 100% increase after their first year of adding video.

These are a few of SiSTeR’s premier dealers who enjoy great success with video. There are plenty of other great statistics that demonstrate the value of video such as Cars.com’s study where car buyers spend an average of 30 minutes per visit looking at videos on their site.

One of the values of automated vehicle videos is the economy of scale – the ability to produce a video for your constantly changing inventory on a daily basis and publish those videos to not just your dealer site, but to where car buyers are spending time – Google, 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party sites, your Facebook page, all mobile devices, etc.

So video evolves beyond a dealer website feature and into your search, social and sales tool.

I’m sounding way too sales-focused here and I want to respect the forum. If anyone wants to know more about how we’re moving video beyond “stitched” video, I’d love to talk more. In the meantime, keep up the great commentary.

Thanks…Mike

Reactions: 1 person
Hi – I’m Mike Powl, Director of Sales with SiSTeR Technologies.

I’ve enjoyed the dialogue and learned a lot about the opinions, drives and needs of the participants. I wanted to add some additional context because, at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the actual ROI and impact on your dealerships’ business.

I'd like to share 3 metrics with the group:

* A major, publicly-traded dealer group with over 100 dealerships realized an 87% increase in email leads with video vs. no video and a 69% increase in phone call leads with video vs. no video during a 12 week A/B video pilot.

* A major OEM realized a 10% increase in leads with video in their listings.

* A major, exclusive dealer group witnessed a 40% increase in their organic Google search results after the first 2 months and 100% increase after their first year of adding video.

These are a few of SiSTeR’s premier dealers who enjoy great success with video. There are plenty of other great statistics that demonstrate the value of video such as Cars.com’s study where car buyers spend an average of 30 minutes per visit looking at videos on their site.

One of the values of automated vehicle videos is the economy of scale – the ability to produce a video for your constantly changing inventory on a daily basis and publish those videos to not just your dealer site, but to where car buyers are spending time – Google, 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party sites, your Facebook page, all mobile devices, etc.

So video evolves beyond a dealer website feature and into your search, social and sales tool.

I’m sounding way too sales-focused here and I want to respect the forum. If anyone wants to know more about how we’re moving video beyond “stitched” video, I’d love to talk more. In the meantime, keep up the great commentary.

Thanks…Mike

Welcome Mike