• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Snozzberries

Baron Ringler

Hat Trick
Jul 6, 2010
First Name
Baron
It's not often that you get a chance to tell a laugh-out-loud tale about a manufacturer screw-up, but here goes. It's auto related so I feel safe sharing it here even if it is adult in nature, although if you have delicate sensibilities you may want to skip this.

Anyways, in my opinion, the biggest problem I have seen with Chrysler over the years is that as a company they oft-times overlook details and don't exercise due diligence.

Case in point, a brand new color they have introduced; Snazzberry. Many of you may recognize this from 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory', the lick-able wallpaper; "The Snozzberries taste like Snozzberries!". Yes,I know that there is a one letter difference, but really...

What many people do not know is that Roald Dahl hated the movie so much in subsequent books he used the word "snozzberry" as a descriptor for male genitalia, in order to turn the whole thing in to an adult joke (thelickable wallpaper takes on a whole new meaning).

CDJR, now basing a color choice off of this but not really thinking things through or doing their due diligence, has come out with a car color; penis.

Go ahead and look it up if you don't believe me. The moment I saw it I spent the next 15 minutes trying to catch my breath, and another 15 suppressing the giggles.

It's not often that you get a chance to tell a laugh-out-loud tale about a manufacturer screw-up, but here goes. It's auto related so I feel safe sharing it here even if it is adult in nature, although if you have delicate sensibilities you may want to skip this.

Anyways, in my opinion, the biggest problem I have seen with Chrysler over the years is that as a company they oft-times overlook details and don't exercise due diligence.

Case in point, a brand new color they have introduced; Snazzberry. Many of you may recognize this from 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory', the lick-able wallpaper; "The Snozzberries taste like Snozzberries!". Yes,I know that there is a one letter difference, but really...

What many people do not know is that Roald Dahl hated the movie so much in subsequent books he used the word "snozzberry" as a descriptor for male genitalia, in order to turn the whole thing in to an adult joke (thelickable wallpaper takes on a whole new meaning).

CDJR, now basing a color choice off of this but not really thinking things through or doing their due diligence, has come out with a car color; penis.

Go ahead and look it up if you don't believe me. The moment I saw it I spent the next 15 minutes trying to catch my breath, and another 15 suppressing the giggles.
This is just like Ford trying to sell the Pinto in Central and South America back in the day.

Reactions: craigh
@Baron Ringler Good luck keeping sales people from giggling when a customer says it! That reminds me of when Honda came out with a new green called Galapagos Green Metallic. I had been away from the dealership, and I don't recall why, but the new brochures with the color had come out when I was gone. When I returned to the store, the sales people were talking about this new green called, and they were all pronouncing it, "galla peg goes green" to each other and customers. I sat and stared at the word 'Galapagos' while in my head repeating the way they were pronouncing it because it didn't seem right. It hit me that it was the island, Galápagos, and they were pronouncing it wrong, all of them LOL

@Baron Ringler Good luck keeping sales people from giggling when a customer says it! That reminds me of when Honda came out with a new green called Galapagos Green Metallic. I had been away from the dealership, and I don't recall why, but the new brochures with the color had come out when I was gone. When I returned to the store, the sales people were talking about this new green called, and they were all pronouncing it, "galla peg goes green" to each other and customers. I sat and stared at the word 'Galapagos' while in my head repeating the way they were pronouncing it because it didn't seem right. It hit me that it was the island, Galápagos, and they were pronouncing it wrong, all of them LOL

Well, until this spreads as to what the name actually is there then blissful ignorance rules. I just knew it because I was an English teacher for a bit and I am very familiar with Dahl (he's a favorite). I am 99.9% certain that I am the only one who caught this, but it will trickle down soon enough.

I'm just curious to know when CDJR will learn what they've done and retire the color.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan Sayer
We were given some small bottles of clear hand sanitizer, because CoVid, from Subaru of America. About a week later, after everybody at the store had laughed at it.

What were we laughing at?

Small clear bottle of liquid with a label on it, "Make Love Last." :rofl:

Reactions: craigh
Pontoon-Snozzberries-Taste-Like-Snozzberries-cans.jpg