• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

So what's working ?

I'll tell you what works for us.

#1. We have improved response time and have been shopped many times. Being shopped helps us to stay on our toes. It has improved our templates and what info we send.

#2. Emails sent by the boss "general manager" usually get some type of response.

Last edited:
Craig List is working well for us on as is stuff and some older used cars that are priced cheap. Just wish I could find a tool that puts them up and taken them down automatically. Know of any?
What I have found disappointing lately is Ebay, any thoughts on that out there?

We use craigslist as well. and glad it's working for you.Craiglist is free , so any lead or inquiry you get is a plus !
Can you tell me more about what your doing in eBay ? Post some of your listings ? Are you using auction format ?
Local advertising ? National ?

Recently we posted some motorcycle trades that we took in so I guess the season may have played a role but they screamed on Craig's List. It was Auction format and we had photos, description the works....seemed strange to me because in the past we did well. We have not gotten into the new car listings...any thoughts on how that works?

Another thing that interests me is what templates are working for people. To me this is something you can change every week and never get the responses you want. I did find asking someone if they wanted a Pink Car worked. Guess it was an attention getter..