• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Social Media - Keep In House Or Contract Outside???

I thought I would throw this out. Every year we do the Making Strides with Chevy. We do a campaign that we donate $1 for every new like to our facebook page. Yes, I know, some may think this is buying likes in a way. But we see this as people supporting American Cancer Society (ACS) in our local area. And it does build our likes with relevant people locally.

We ran this campaign below Oct 4th - 31st 2013. Promoting it to 2,800 people that live in 50mi of Suffolk and are connected to Duke. we had a total of 1,141 results, 2,177 reach, frequency 10.2 times at $0.05 cost per engagement for $62 total dollars spent. What really stood out is that it was liked 346 times, and shared 200 times.

Even though we were not selling or promoting a product or service, did it give us a return; YES. We sold service due to this to people that saw it and wanted to bring their business to us because we supported our local ACS. It was awareness and I had a lot of comments from people saying they appreciate what we do locally that they see on facebook and it makes them want to do business with us. And they do!
Making Strides Campaign.jpg

We have a lot of campaigns that are like this, Halloween costume contest, snowman contest, etc, that we give a $25 gift card to the winners. Each time the bills are $75 plus when we track it. Most of all, people love their kids, and they do not forget it if you did something for kids. It has paid off in sales and service for us. We mix in other campaigns like trades, state inspections, etc. They have good returns, but when you get down to earth with people socially, I think it has more meaning and in the long run they remember and choose you, or at least try you. And we see a spike in our website traffic each time along with a spike in service leads.

Reactions: 6 people