• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Something new to DealerRefresh?

Alright, I've been freaking out about this and very confused on why the posts to that thread keep getting moderated. Now I know! Someone started the thread in the WRONG category. That particular category isn't designated for open posts and are moderated to prevent vendors from taking advantage with the category. Glad I finally have this figured out. I'm tired of getting bitch slaped over here. :)

I'll be moving the 2 effected threads to their proper categories.

You could win the Tour of France going backwards! (that is back pedaling) :)

Personally, I'd much rather prefer a bit of moderation and than overspamming vendors and nonsense. Just sayin'. I'm someone who generally reads and comments to myself. I have always found it a bit difficult to speak up ... but here you go.

Jeff, ignore the ones who clearly don't appreciate a clutter-free zone. When I was first introduced to Dealerrefresh... I thought this WAS your job... had no idea how you handle everything that goes along with managing this site as a side "job" to help people like me. It really is more than a full time job and has been my source for information from the time I fell into this industry. I would go so far as to attribute much of my success (within what was a completely forgeign industry) to the information and opinions I have found on this site.

I have visited all the sites out there and it is "refreshing" (pun intended) to have a site that you don't have to filter through the vendors, pitches, "guru posts", "guru worshiper posts", and everything in between just to find out what people think about things you are experiencing. This thread, right here ... is the reason I have decided to switch from lurker to poster.

Keep it up!

Reactions: 7 people
Subi, thanks for your kind words and support for the community. Glad to see you've finally committed to participating :). How long and how many means looks did it take?

I've been working all weekend on the redesign of the blog. It's taken longer than expected to go live but I'm confident everyone will be pleased with the additions and small changes. Many of us spend mot of our time here in the forums, we forget about the blog. Look for increased publishing of quality content and more synergies between the blog and forum in 2013.

Thanks again for everyone support. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Reactions: 1 person
Jeff, I appreciate all you and everyone involved with DR do. Thank you all for providing a place for DEALERS to go to interact with other DEALERS. And to allow vendors to add meaningful insight and conversation, not just advertising!

I have stopped even going to several other automotive online communities other than DR and Driving Sales because it has become almost over taken by vendors preaching, standing on soap boxes or promising the latest cure all. Now, there are a lot of vendors out there I respect and learn from, but the soap box people of our industry, some who have no auto background or only vendor background, has put me off to even want to visit other sites. Unless Doug announces some are fighting on other sites, then of course I like to troll over and read the BS.

Thank you for all you do, and to everyone that makes this a great place to learn, vent, and contribute! Lets make it a great 2013!

Eley

Reactions: 3 people
I have been on this site for way too long, lol. Keep up the good work Jeff, we all appreciate it. I am just coming up for air now to comment while trying to wrap up end-of-year reports...

Don't worry, I'll lift your spirits with another light-hearted Digital Dealer summary this spring, cheers!