• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Standards in data. What do you want?

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
Have you ever gotten frustrated trying to match inventory feeds? Have you ever tried to get data from an Internet lead to show the same way in two different systems? Would you like chat leads to show a searchable transcript and not just bunch it all into a comment field?

Let's get a list going of all the things we'd like to see working better together. If you prefer to list things as standards: like "ADF/XML" terminologies, go for it.

Have you ever gotten frustrated trying to match inventory feeds? Have you ever tried to get data from an Internet lead to show the same way in two different systems? Would you like chat leads to show a searchable transcript and not just bunch it all into a comment field?

Let's get a list going of all the things we'd like to see working better together. If you prefer to list things as standards: like "ADF/XML" terminologies, go for it.
So, earlier this year there was buzz about the big boys in our industry starting a conversation of standardized data. That came to me by way of a conversation with a person who is a leader at a big boy company. So, I guess I would like to think that becomes a reality in the next few years. It seems like an overwhelming conversation because someone (cough cough cox cough) is going to get their feelings hurt no matter what. I feel like NADA should take that on. Something like this (healthcare) https://www.ohdsi.org/data-standardization/

I would love to see standardization of website analytics for Goals (conversions), events, and filters as well as a standardization of ADF/XML lead fields.
It would also be awesome for a standard format of vehicle data (trim labeling, engine description, drivetrain labels, etc) although the manufacturers would have to take that on. As if.

Reactions: Alex Snyder