• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Subtract G+ from your marketing mix?

ryan.leslie

One of the good guys
Apr 20, 2009
Awards
First Name
Ryan
There are some very curious rumors floating out of Google HQ this morning. Vic Gundotra, the head of Google+, unexpectedly announced his departure yesterday and insiders are hinting that there is a severe restructuring and realignment of priorities afoot. TechCrunch claims that 1000-1200 employees, the core of G+, are being moved to other divisions. Is G+ headed for the G-ScrapHeap?

How will this affect your digital strategy if the rumor mill is spinning the truth? Will a drastic shift in the apparent goal of "forcing the adoption of G+" by Google change your dealership strategy?

Report: Google to end forced G+ integration, drastically cut division resources | Ars Technica

What do you think Refresh?

Reactions: 2 people
I sure hope so. G+ sure made all the good Google apps complex in signing-in and managing preferences. If you have multiple Google accounts (many of us here have to have one for work) I'll wager you've experienced some frustrations with the G+ ....not even mentioning reviews.

Unfortunately, if G+ went away it would take some time to unwind the single sign-on portion.

Reactions: 1 person
Re: Don't Drop Google Plus Just Yet

Frank and Manny,

Who had started a real Google Plus account in the first place!

Jokes apart the Google authorship tag associated to a G+ account still very useful for those building content (Manny knows this better than anyone).

Re: Don't Drop Google Plus Just Yet

Frank and Manny,

Who had started a real Google Plus account in the first place!

Jokes apart the Google authorship tag associated to a G+ account still very useful for those building content (Manny knows this better than anyone).

another good point - we know that your author tag and for that matter sharing used through G+ impacts the results put before your followers and can increase rank and traffic - until that feature is dropped it is a reason not to ignore G+

To this day G+ confuses the sh!t out me.

My +personal, +personal/dealerrefresh and +dealerrefresh. I think there's another one out there somewhere.

I believe it was the sloppy way they rolled it out that has caused so much confusion. Circles within circles on you're personal page and circles within circles within your business page and more circles on your business page. Confusing as hell. I'm never sure which one to use or which circle to share with.

However, I do like this -- +Post ads now available to all advertisers and support Hangouts on Air

Google-Plus-Post-Ad.jpg

There are a number of Google products that can help your presence in the search results and now many start with a G+ page - but you need to make sure you have accurate address - at least 5 reviews - the higher the number of reviews and the ratings the better you will appear in the Maps listings, the Carousel and if you are writing content about buying cars or aspects of various models or any other content that potential buyers are reading in the research that improves with volume and pluses too - join some G+ communities too