• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Surveys - Post Sale & Service

Joe, when I was with a Mercedes dealer MBUSA had just contracted with Vital Insight Group. I thought the system was decent and the response rate was much higher of course than a snail mail piece.

EVERY sold/service customer received this survey and Mercedes made it mandatory to get your customers email for the survey.

I was on their website and saw no mention of their "AutoSurvey" product. I did ping them on their Twitter account ... waiting for an answer.

We've used two post-sale survey systems Joe. One was extremely advanced and was placed in our F&I offices (required hardware). It was fairly expensive too. I can get you a contact and better reference if you want to explore that.....but I can say that when we switched to iMagicLab's CRM we completely canned it. iMagicLab has a superb survey system in the CRM that allows you to create action items based off of survey responses. You can send by email, setup on hardware, have a BDC agent fill out....tons you can do.

Are you looking to just email a survey or do you want customers to fill it out when they're done in F&I?

Ah. You might be best to do that with an email. Just thinking as a customer myself, I wouldn't want to be held up grabbing my car by filling out a survey before I go. That would deter me from coming back to that place.

Joe, finally received a tweet from Vital Insight. Apparently they are launching something new come 2010. Here is a copy of the tweet...

@dealerrefresh we have a dealer solution, would you like to speak with someone about it? @tepherguy can help you, looking to launch in 2010?

Also..just sat through an impressive DEMO with DriveSide. They are way more than just a Post service survey but something you might want to look at.