• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Taking pictures

Perfect thanks guys.

AJ my boss is the same way. Mine doesn't mind spending the money but he need evidence to go along with it. I'm no photo expert but just let him know that a photo is worth a thousand words. You obviously want good quality photos, so if you are taking 5 or 6 shots of the same thing to get a decent photo it isn't cost effective to him. The more pasta you throw at the wall, the more will stick. The more cars you can get online, the more chances you have to sell one.

ajholland said:
Does anyone know where to buy and about how much one of the turntables costs to put into a photo booth?

I believe they are in the 20-30k range. Heavy Duty Turntable, Large Truck Turntable, Vehicle Turntable, Commercial Turntable, Rotating Displays ? Carousel USA

If your booth is large enough, curtain it up all the way around. No turn table needed.

But with the turntable you can put the camera on a tripod, activate the turntable, and record a 360degree video without lifting a finger.

I'm pretty sure this has been asked before but does anyone have advice for settings if we're all talking about SLRs...

I have a Canon 40D and the only lens that really does the trick out of my few that I own is the kit lens 18-55mm 3.5. I also have the 50mm 1.8 but it's not that practical in this case. I usually try to shoot at F/8 with the lowest iso possible and flash for exterior. Iso generally 125-160. Interior I usually stick with F/8 and up the iso to 500-640 range. Close ups, logos, etc I use macro mode.

Any feedback? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure this has been asked before but does anyone have advice for settings if we're all talking about SLRs...

I have a Canon 40D and the only lens that really does the trick out of my few that I own is the kit lens 18-55mm 3.5. I also have the 50mm 1.8 but it's not that practical in this case. I usually try to shoot at F/8 with the lowest iso possible and flash for exterior. Iso generally 125-160. Interior I usually stick with F/8 and up the iso to 500-640 range. Close ups, logos, etc I use macro mode.

Any feedback? Thanks!

The settings are going to be different for everyone's case since the lighting and backgrounds are very different.

Very nice, thanks!

Does anyone know where to buy and about how much one of the turntables costs to put into a photo booth?

We have one of the Carousel USA tables (~$27,000) and it has been very reliable plus you can put almost anything on if you have the space. That said it comes at a great expense, not only in the machine itself but it is an in-ground table so it may require some light construction and is not easily moved if needed.

We just ordered another table but this time we went with Car Turner. It is a fraction of the cost (~$10,000) and is above ground which means zero construction and can be moved very easily if needed. Plus they started making them with a powder-coated surface so there is no need to paint or cover the panels (We have all-white studios).

The settings are going to be different for everyone's case since the lighting and backgrounds are very different.

Can you elaborate at all based on certain scenarios. Overcast vs. shooting with sun at your back. Obviously you never want to shoot into the sun?

Ideally with the interior, you want know sun I'm assuming or as little as possible? If that's the case, is there any way to avoid washing out the interior color with the flash or ISO settings.