• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

test drive gift cards...

Romik

Green Pea
Dec 19, 2019
Awards
First Name
Romik
does anyone here use autohook? if yes, do you check the redemption dashboard or audit reports? like, issued coupons vs actual test drives vs redeemed $$?

we've always had issues with fake leads and scammers trying to get their virtual rewards, virtually.... but this took the icing... issued coupons are now being (and have been for a long time) 'automatically' redeemed from our dashboard and credited to a 'changed' email addresses!!!!!!!!! from our access point this is not possible as the email field is locked and we can only redeem the voucher to the email address that was originally submitted!!! but somehow, someone somewhere is doing a fine job milking this waste!!!!

please confirm that this is just an isolated case?

:bump:

@Romik I used AutoHook for years. Never had an issues like this BUT I'm seeing WAY more elaborate scams than ever before. Dealing with on now over the purchase of an EV vehicle. ELABORATE!!

Any chance this is an inside job? Someone that has access or gained access to your account and is able to chance the original email address?

:bump:

@Romik I used AutoHook for years. Never had an issues like this BUT I'm seeing WAY more elaborate scams than ever before. Dealing with on now over the purchase of an EV vehicle. ELABORATE!!

Any chance this is an inside job? Someone that has access or gained access to your account and is able to chance the original email address?

Hi Jeff, thanks for getting back. We initially thought that this could probably be an inside job with one of our user accounts having been compromised! But given our inability to change or modify the email field at the time of redemption, and also having tech support confirm that the email fields are always locked due to security measures makes me believe that this goes much deeper! But I'm not sure, lol, and was hoping for others to confirm!

Last edited: