• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Thank You; The Sequel

Kelly Wilson

How can I help?
Oct 23, 2011
Awards
First Name
Kelly
As an over eager, naïve and ready to learn ISM I found the DealerRefresh community a little over 2 years ago. Through this community and the support I have enjoyed, I have found a very rewarding career and many people I feel I can truly call "Friend." After months of lurking, I finally made the plunge and joined. :hello: I have found this forum err Community to feel like home.
Jeff, you've done an amazing job, with Uncle Joe, Alex and the gang, to create a space where all dealers can come to speak freely with each other and with vendors without fear of being pitched. Vendors come and share ideas freely with each other and dealers without asking anything in return. The flow of conversation is easy like when your favorite relatives come for a visit. Unlike other places more likened to Black Friday shopping with the fights and perceived deals or the over crowded holiday gathering with every last relative (including the crazy aunt, the slimy cousin with a new scheme every year and the senile babbling lump in the corner).

To the lurkers - join & participate - it will be much more rewarding I promise!

To Jeff, Joe, Bill, Ric, Ed, Doug, JQ, Alex, Jess, Ryan, Drew, Hunter...everyone - even Yago - Thank You!

and on a lighter note:

Reactions: 8 people
WOW Kelly - that is one hell of a sequel post.

It's hard to believe you've been part of the community for 2 years now. I originally wasn't for starting the forums and wanted to only focus on the blog (less work) BUT Alex insisted, so on April 15th 2009 (5 years after starting the blog) the forums were born. I'm sure glad Alex twisted my arm, as it's been one heck of a valuable resource. But more importantly - as you said, a place to meet like minded industry professionals and all around great people that have become friends.

We do our best to keep the riff-raff and vendor sales plugs from overtaking the forums. We might not catch all of them but overall I believe we do a good job. And if and when we miss one, a community member is quick to send me a direct message.

Thanks again for recognizing everyone involved - each and every active community member.

Yes - if you've been lurking, reading, sucking up the info - it's time to give back and register as a member.

Reactions: 1 person
Great stuff, Kelly. Your commitment to the industry, and enthusiasm to the communities, was one of the primary reasons I chose you for the role in the video. So glad you were able to participate.

As an over eager, naïve and ready to learn ISM I found the DealerRefresh community a little over 2 years ago. Through this community and the support I have enjoyed, I have found a very rewarding career and many people I feel I can truly call "Friend." After months of lurking, I finally made the plunge and joined. :hello: I have found this forum err Community to feel like home.
Jeff, you've done an amazing job, with Uncle Joe, Alex and the gang, to create a space where all dealers can come to speak freely with each other and with vendors without fear of being pitched. Vendors come and share ideas freely with each other and dealers without asking anything in return. The flow of conversation is easy like when your favorite relatives come for a visit. Unlike other places more likened to Black Friday shopping with the fights and perceived deals or the over crowded holiday gathering with every last relative (including the crazy aunt, the slimy cousin with a new scheme every year and the senile babbling lump in the corner).

To the lurkers - join & participate - it will be much more rewarding I promise!

To Jeff, Joe, Bill, Ric, Ed, Doug, JQ, Alex, Jess, Ryan, Drew, Hunter...everyone - even Yago - Thank You!

and on a lighter note:

It's hard to believe you've been part of the community for 2 years now. I originally wasn't for starting the forums and wanted to only focus on the blog (less work) BUT Alex insisted, so on April 15th 2009 (5 years after starting the blog) the forums were born. I'm sure glad Alex twisted my arm, as it's been one heck of a valuable resource.

What is harder to believe is that the DealerRefresh Blog will celebrate its 10 year anniversary along with the Forums celebrating its 5th year in April of 2014 :banana2:

Jeff - can you believe you've been at this for 10 years???!!!! I don't think I came along until 2006 and am struggling to believe it has been 8 years.

Thank you Kelly. You've got me reflecting on what has happened in the last 10 years and the one thing that I'm glad we've all got to witness and help make a really tiny dent on is the recognition of the importance of utilizing technology to make money in the car business. I do believe DealerRefresh has stayed consistent in its messaging, practices, and delivery of simply being a resource that makes the car business a better place. And I absolutely see where the topics we've focused so much time and effort on are finally seeing mainstream fruition; very close to being the norm. It has been a long fight.

Can't wait to see Joe Webb's video simply be a reflection of how difficult it was to get to tomorrow. And :rofl:

Reactions: 1 person