• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

The dreaded Month End reporting

Month end reporting for our dealer group took one person three days to complete. It required manually typing sold names into the CRM and scanning records for Source, Entry Date, Appointment, and which CCC team manager made the appointment. What a pain. The data gathered was important, but with our limited staff now, we can't afford to take someone off the floor for that length of time. I've said it before, I'll say it again. THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY. I'm looking at you, vendors.

I track everything.
~phone-up reports
~ROI reports on each lead provider
~website efficiency and conversion rates (sales and service)
~grosses per lead provider
~internet team performance
~source of sales reports
~20 group reports
~and most importantly, my pay.

Month end reporting for our dealer group took one person three days to complete. It required manually typing sold names into the CRM and scanning records for Source, Entry Date, Appointment, and which CCC team manager made the appointment. What a pain. The data gathered was important, but with our limited staff now, we can't afford to take someone off the floor for that length of time. I've said it before, I'll say it again. THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY. I'm looking at you, vendors.

This does sound terrible and error prone. There are better ways.

I believe the end of the month report should be real time, you should be able to visit a web page that shows real data up-to-date at any time (not just end of the month). Any time you have to manually compile a report something is seriously wrong. With modern technology this is most trivial thing any software vender should be able to provide. If they don't well then look around, competition helps everyone get better.

Northeast PA enjoyed a very, very good December. Like 15% - 20% better than last year month. Oooofa. Big month. Thanks, Mother Nature!!

Maybe they went cradle to grave with their ISMs.

Looking at the poll, there seems to be a lot of folks spending too much time on reporting. The first of the month is the time where you look at planning and marketing.