• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

The Pros and Cons to editing a vehicle's background? Helpful or waste of time?

CarGuy2011

3rd Base Coach
Apr 29, 2011
First Name
Car
Hello everyone,

My boss came across an advertisement for a company that will take your dealership vehicle images and replace the background with a different background scene; such as, a waterfront, in the woods, at the jobsite, or many more.....

mustang_convert_raw.jpgmustang_convert_pix.jpgsuv_green_raw.jpgsuv_green_pix.jpg

Does anyone use such a service? What do your customers think of it? Anyone thinking about using it?

What are some drawbacks to using a service like this?

Thanks!

They all look really fake to me. As a consumer, I wouldn't be fooled and I could not trust your images. By the way, I look at images over everything else to determine whether the car has the things I'm after and to assess the condition. If you're a photoshopper, how can I trust you?

Reactions: 1 person
They all look really fake to me. As a consumer, I wouldn't be fooled and I could not trust your images. By the way, I look at images over everything else to determine whether the car has the things I'm after and to assess the condition. If you're a photoshopper, how can I trust you?
This. As far as I'm concerned, if you're doing more than a watermark, you're doing it wrong.

Agree, looks way to fake, and cheesy. A vehicle needs to be in a natural setting. People are not interested in the background, they want to see the features of the vehicle. No one is going to believe that Camaro is really on a beach! Don't waste your money, stick to a great background on your lot!