• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

The Pros and Cons to editing a vehicle's background? Helpful or waste of time?

IMHO Invest in a mobile or stationary photobooth, photoshop, and decent camera. In the long run it has to be less expensive and it will certainly look less like Poop poop then those fake ones do. :hello:

Also I think we need a turd emoticon ::Poop::
Dan, this is an older urban store with limited space. The front of the store is very nice. They would need a new building and that is unrealistic.

I was solicited earlier this month by a company doing this. I thought it was rather expensive to have it done. They charge by the picture, and after paying for it for a year (two at the most) you could afford that "unrealistic" building. I had a contractor come in and build a staging area, bought a nice camera, had lighting installed, and bought floor tiles all for less than $15K. There's no turntable, and the lighting could have been done better if the budget had been bigger, but we now have a four seasons photo booth and consistent images at a reasonable price.

C63.jpg

Mike, my old store in a suburb of Dallas purchased additional land, behind the store. They have gone through a nightmare with the city to do the construction. Three years and still not complete.

I don't have a dog in the race. I was trying to figure out how a dealership could have half their vehicles without pictures. Looking at theirs, you can tell that they have had at least two different companies doing them and possibly another doing the photoshop thing. Either the photoshop thing puts them behind or they don't care, are difficult to work with or don't pay their bills.