• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

The Thank You Economy: How Business Must Adapt to Social Media

ryan.leslie

One of the good guys
Apr 20, 2009
Awards
First Name
Ryan
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
shopper looking for knowledge

= Social Media Home Run

This is why some many automotive trainers, consultants and vendors were all over Social Media, because the core of it's lead activity is: "shopper looking for knowledge".

How many car dealers enjoy this position?

In our biz, the "dynamic" between shopper and car dealers is very different. That being said, I see the upside to Gary's vision, I am 100% in the "life time value" camp. Our biggest challenge is our pay plan. We live and die in 30 day cycles, It'll take a giant culture change under every rooftop and it'll have to start at the top (read: the pay plan must fit the goal).

Great video, there’s a lot to chew on here.

p.s. Kudos to Ryan for finding this gem!

Last edited:
Thanks for the like Joe. I watched it a few times as "there's a lot to chew on."

I really appreciated his analysis of the Old Spice campaign. If you are going to collect followers you better have a long term plan for content that provides value for them and I'd add it needs to be relevant to the industry. Pictures of dogs doing funny things only go so far...

Kudos to DSES for landing this guy... I hope a video leaks out. I'd like to see what he has to say to the automotive industry.