• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Thinking about a Motto for myself, towards my customers

DanMorgan

4 Pounder
Nov 13, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
So I'm thinking about putting a personal Motto on my emails and other correspondance to my sold and unsold clients.

I personally feel that I'm incredibly easy to deal with (customers tell me as well so I don't want to just assume ;) ).

My ideas are in the area of 'this will be your most easy going and straightforward vehicle purchase, promise'.

Trying to see if any of you have had a positive response with anything "Personal Business Motto" related, or would have any other thoughts on the idea?

....thinking out of the box racks my brain at times :D

Creating a personal motto is always a great and fun idea. I like what you have with "easy going and straightforward". Two very good traits to mention.

I think you're on the right track, just needs a little more "zing". Perhaps something like:

"There is no exercise better for me than to provide you with an easy going, straight-forward, vehicle purchase."
"An easy, straight-forward vehicle purchase with a complimentary free smile."

"Your friend in the car business" is one that I've always like and leaned towards. My GM hates it but it's warm and fuzzy and everyone wants a friend on the inside for the best deals.

What about the WWF formula of Dan "Super Easy To Deal With" Morgan >needs to be way shorter but could be fun, then whatever your handle is make sure to buy the .com and put up a micro site!

So I'm thinking about putting a personal Motto on my emails and other correspondance to my sold and unsold clients.

I personally feel that I'm incredibly easy to deal with (customers tell me as well so I don't want to just assume ;) ).

My ideas are in the area of 'this will be your most easy going and straightforward vehicle purchase, promise'.

Trying to see if any of you have had a positive response with anything "Personal Business Motto" related, or would have any other thoughts on the idea?

....thinking out of the box racks my brain at times :D

Dan,
For real my suggestion is rather than a motto, nickname or catch phrase I would build a personal DealerRater (or some other review site of your choice) page and add a link to reviews of your happy customers saying all the things that you saying about yourself they wouldn't read.....as long as you earn and ask for them.

Add a link in your signature that says "Read what my customers have to say about me"

Sit back, watch the magic happen and send me a postcard when you're rich and famous!

Craig " I'm straight, I'm cheap and I'm easy" Belowski :lmao:

I don't think you can get much better of a reputation than by giving your customers a motto to remember you by. Not everybody can remember a name. You give them your name and they'll forget it out the door. You give them a motto or a catchphrase and when they go to buy or to refer someone they're going to say, "hey go to Dan 'easy to deal with' Morgan" because that is EXACTLY how they will remember you. Then put it all over the place, as people were already saying, Facebook, Twitter, microsites, business cards, and anywhere else you can have a personal profile. Soon you will be signing it on your new mansion's home mortgage as Dan "easy to deal with" Morgan.