• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

This is what happens when you live in a state and city with the highest fraud.

Mike Rod

Tie Cut
Aug 27, 2019
First Name
Mike
I bought a 2008 Mazda 6 with only 54k miles. I try to get most of my cars from an area with lots of snow birds which sometimes equals low mileage and typically well taken care of. Over a month passes by with zero action on it, and it's priced well below kbb. I'm like well damn. What is going on? I thought people would jump on a cheap low mileage car.

I asked my friend why would or wouldn't she jump on it. She tells me "The mileage is too low." I'm like WHAT? "Yeah. the mileage is too low. The first thing I instantly think is someone tampered with the miles." Wow.

So I am here thinking ok. Let me ask a 2nd person. Same thing! Well damn. I went ahead and pulled the carfax on it and advertised with such by even putting a screenshot of the last page of the carfax. Never mind that fact that people can still photoshop a carfax shot, but that is besides the point. I guess people don't overthink fraud that far lol. Since then I have had people at least ask about it and have gotten a few bites and test drives, but it's not sold yet.

My main rant here is how society shapes its people into thinking that everything is against them. People have to instantly think the worst without even going to see x item and giving it a chance to prove it is authentic. Just finding this mentality very sad. I don't know who to blame. Fraudsters or people allowing themselves to think something that looks too good is instant fraud.

• Useful
Reactions: Jeff Kershner