• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

To Lotlinx or not....that is the question...

Any experience with Lotlinx? What is different that me buying my own premium display ad space and routing customers to my VDP?

1% of traffic will submit a lead before leaving your site the first time... it's a no-brainer, in my opinion, dealerships should absolutely use vin specific retargeting. Re-engaging the other 99% on your own will take a lot of talent and time-spent.
I have not used Lotlinx in the past, so I can't speak for the conversions vs. worth. However, it seems to be a one trick pony from my stance.
Re-targeting is just one way of improving VDP views and conversions... if your goal is to improve overall VDP views (apart from being the cheapest around) I would look into PureCars, they use several different tactics in their SmartAdvertising platform.

It just depends on your overall goal... calls, leads, number of VDP views, etc.?

Any Lotlinx users out there?

Take the vendor out of it and concentrate on the strategy. I agree with @Jared Chandler, in that you need to be retargeting visitors, but I would recommend casting a different net.

First, you should be running your retargeting campaigns through the GDN. It's more cost effective and you have a lot more control and transparency into what is happening.

Second, I would recommend concentrating on a unique message that speaks to a broader need (Urgency, USPs, Fear of Loss, Scarcity, Financing, Trade Cash, etc.) and land people on a custom page. It has been our experience that this strategy generates a better ROI than VDP specific retargeting. VIN specific retargeting makes a lot of assumptions and ignores the more important elements that create leads and sales.

Don't take my word for it (or anyone else's for that matter), test for yourself. It is very easy to set up what I described above, and you can do it yourself. This will give you a baseline. After that, reach out to someone that can help you setup and test VDP specific retargeting. @Miles Olson may even be able to help you.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
Take the vendor out of it and concentrate on the strategy. I agree with @Jared Chandler, in that you need to be retargeting visitors, but I would recommend casting a different net.

First, you should be running your retargeting campaigns through the GDN. It's more cost effective and you have a lot more control and transparency into what is happening.

Second, I would recommend concentrating on a unique message that speaks to a broader need (Urgency, USPs, Fear of Loss, Scarcity, Financing, Trade Cash, etc.) and land people on a custom page. It has been our experience that this strategy generates a better ROI than VDP specific retargeting. VIN specific retargeting makes a lot of assumptions and ignores the more important elements that create leads and sales.

Don't take my word for it (or anyone else's for that matter), test for yourself. It is very easy to set up what I described above, and you can do it yourself. This will give you a baseline. After that, reach out to someone that can help you setup and test VDP specific retargeting. @Miles Olson may even be able to help you.
Excellent assessment!

Not to self promote since we can only do this for website clients but to add to @Jared Chandler we are now doing Facebook retargeting; kinda your customer clicks on a car on your website (has to be the site we build) then we can retarget them VIN specific when he/she goes to Facebook.

Check with your website provider for a similar product, but my point is that nowadays marketing channels are opening fast and definitely worth experimenting.

• Useful
Reactions: Jared Chandler
I just came out of an ad agency, and spent quite some time with the Lotlinx guys. If your goal is VDP views, it's pretty simple math. Do your other channels drive VDP's for cheaper, and is there meaningful conversion on the VDP once you landed the customer there. For a lot of our stores, Lotlinx got them there cheaper, and the conversion was higher.

Their Vin View Optimizer was pretty sweet. Gave you the data on VDP views across your marketing sources, so you could make a ton of decisions with the data.