• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Too much Potratz?

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
Potratz has done a great job of getting his name out in a hurry. He deserves a :thumbup: for that. However, I can't get him to stop chasing me around my Internetz. Every site that is on Google's ad network is spewing nothing but Potratz at me.

In the last 2 months I've dumped cache then switched from FireFox 4 to Chrome as my default browser and I still can't shake him.

I know it isn't Paul; it is Google. I can't figure out why all I ever get is a Potratz ad though. I know I can turn off my Google profile to get different ads, but I keep thinking someone else will start using that service - I want to see who else pops up.

Anyway, this double Potratz inspired me to post just now:

317t-screen-shot-2011-04-11-9-28-44-pm.jpg

P.S. Yes, I am looking at an obnoxious site in that screen shot. If your sense of humor is as terrible as mine, you'll friggin' love it! However, I had to use that site because it is the only one that double-Potratz'd me.

P.P.S. I'm not taking a stab at Paul Potratz. I actually admire his ability to absolutely saturate my Google ads.

Reactions: 1 person
OMG. That's funny you mention this Alex. He's just pinged me on foursquare this morning and his ads follow me around like a dog in heat. He's getting the marketing and frequency down that's for sure.

Not sure why, but I'm always turned off by over frequency marketing tatics (not saying I disagree with it). I think it's just me though. Most either don't pay as much attention or are more forgiving.

I've really looked up to a hand full of people in this industry and other verticals but I really lost my appeal for some after they discovered "social" and took it too far.

I'm saying that in general and not pointing at Portratz.

Thank you for the mentions! You have been exposed to a remarketing technology that we developed in June 2007 and we coined it WebRatz. We utilize Google, Adbrite, Tribal, Yahoo and other ad networks to drive approx 94% penetration.

I hope to see you guys at Brian's Bootcamp!

Jeff seems we need to remarket you a little more since you misspelled "Potratz"

Have an awesome week!

Paul Potratz
POTRATZ
Automotive Marketing

Last edited:
I checked out the website (and yes I found it hilarious). Of course Paul was on the side staring up at me with his big soulful eyes. Now I just keep reloading and hoping for the famed "Double Potratz"!

Okay, okay, I'll admit it - there may be other problems here as well! I'm starting to think I've spent to much time this winter in my cabin. :D

You really do have to give it Potratz - Paul has done an outstanding job branding his business!

He sure has, but still needs some work because my ass still can't spell his name. Ha!

Thanks for chiming in Potratz! No disrespect what so ever. Maybe when we have some open ad space we could get those "soulful eyes" roaming DealerRefresh. :)