• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Tools to Post inventory to WordPress (or similar)

joe.pistell

Uncle Joe
Apr 7, 2009
Awards
First Name
Joe
I am looking to create a list of vendors that have experience in taking our inventory export and posting it to WordPress*.

If you are a vendor, please step in and post a few examples of your work and include what makes your platform or process unique. Please offer a link to your FAQ's and answer:

• Can you copy Dealer's home site Branding (look and feel)?
  • How many ways do you offer it?
  • Turn-Key (you supply everything) to Dealer DIY (you supply platform, Dealer has tech staff and servers)

FYI: 3 years ago I had a CSV export to WP mapped out. 8 months ago, we were building one in-house. Two months ago, I saw so many vendors coming that I scrapped the custom programming project even though it was 60% done.

*Please list what CMS platforms you publish to (WordPress, Ning, Typepad, etc..)

Hi Joe,
Do you have any visual examples of what you're looking for? Where are you looking to have the inventory placed into the blog? Is inventory going to be the only content that is posted to the blog?

Hi Scott,

Not a big deal. It's a WordPress (WP) blog that can support inventory. Look at Real Estate, they're years ahead of us. One of my favorites is WordPress Themes - Real Estate - Travel - Music - Celebrity -Fashion Love the "conventional" inventory search methods of this template: The Bel Air | Multi-Agent You can spin these WP blogs all over. For example, this theme The Bel Air | Multi-Agent is what the DealerMouth platform is all about. Rep based inventory.

Anyhoo... platform needs strong long tail landing pages (i.e. new 2010 Buick Lacrosse near Norman Ok) and from this page links go off to the individual VDPs (Vehicle Detail Pages).

Long tail landing pages need quality content (that's you scott). This landing page is an anchor that the inventory connects to and the page is always there. Then, nested along with that content are "on page thumbnails" to tease readers to view current units for sale (Pasch's CarPortapp.com), then from there, a vendor to llist of your inventory as it applies to that landing page (i.e. dealertrend.com or similar).

Again, connecting inventory into WP is easy stuff (so easy that I could get it done in house!!) The real smart brains will be working on call to action forms and branding.

I plan on building such a tool in the next few days... I'll provide it for you once it's done if you send me a request.

If you happen to like it, and can provide feedback about how to make it look/work better, tell me and I'll see what I can do (since I plan on using it on our sites, any improvement directly benefits me).

I plan on building such a tool in the next few days... I'll provide it for you once it's done if you send me a request.

hahahaa.... Get in line JIversDCH, Didnt you read my post? I've already have weeks of development into my in-house solution and shelved it. WP vendors that will offer this will be all over DR this time next year. I'll be gladly paying someone that has all their mistakes behind them (and it won't be a lot of $$).

No thanks. Been there, done that.

Last edited:
I knew of several companies working on this solution but have yet to see a truly robust one in the works.

YES, I believe Brian Pasch is working with a company that is about to release a solution.

I have also seen the Dealer.com solution - very nice how they integrated the voice to text from the vehicle video. However, it is missing a few fields I was like to see added.

Your 'ol Uncle Joe has 3 years of research and trials into this WP to dealer marketing concept. About 2.5 years ago, Jeff K, Alex and old time Dealer Refreshers will remember one of my 1st WordPress sites: Used Car Queen Post Topic 2008 Chevy Cobalt Sport Coupe 2LT loaded! Save on my personal DEMO! Ahh.. an oldie but goodie (see the date in the URL).

IMO, There are 4 distinct SEO marketing themes it presents. Micro sites can be:

• Vehicle Specific (make/model/years)
  • Geo Conquest (pick a city outside your market and attack it)
  • Class Based (Family haulers come in all shapes and sizes)
  • Sales Rep based (like my example above and DealerMouth's platform)
The costs for a dealer won't be the technology, it'll be in creating the content to fill these sites up and make them hummmm......

Pasch Consulting can do this not only with Wordpress but other Blog platforms as well and he does not care which site host you use. Dealer.com should also have this ability very soon.

Pasch's CarPortapp is a widget that embeds onto nearly any page that calls inventory thumbnails that fits the article that you've published. From the samples I've looked at, the link out goes to other pasch SEO landing sites. Follow the links to see: Car Port App Website Examples

There is a distinct advantage to having the home site vendor build this platform (a network of micro-sites).

From a SEO perspective, all the links and text in the micro-site network need to point back to and support the home site. If done right, the information Google will find on the micro-sites will help google know your home site better there by improving it's authority.

From a Shopper's perspective, the home site gives the buyer more confidence, has better calls to action, deeper product selection and franchise branding. Visitors to your home site will give you a higher conversion rate than a satellite micro-site will (at this point in the product evolution).