• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Trade-in lead form on your Schedule Service page?

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
I don't see this often, but then I do I usually shake my head - :dontdoit:

Would you, or do you see any benefit to having a Trade-in lead form on your initial Schedule Service page? Especially one that engages by shadowbox overlay or pop-up.

I'll accept a link and/or small button icon somewhere on the page within the right spot. OR maybe even AFTER they have scheduled their service you could then invite the customer to have their vehicle appraised.

Let's integrate the service scheduler in with your inventory management or better yet, your equity mining program/service that would quickly match and calculate the possibility of rolling this customer into a NEW like model for the same payment / nothing down.

This would happen AFTER they have scheduled the appointment.

Hummm, for some reason, I'm thinking there's a service out there and provides something like this already but I can't recall. Of course there are plenty of equity mining services that will look at your scheduled service customers (before and after) and alert of you possible equity so you can then present the offer upon the customers arrival for their service.

Thoughts?

2015-06-26_14-43-ii31.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Jeff - This is a small trade-in tab that dealer has statically sitting in toolbar across all pages, just like their social icons. In the bottom left, they are running service offers only on the service page URL. They choose to keep the trade-in tab static throughout their site since they receive a good amount of leads off it each month. I see your point, however dealer wants to generate as many of these opportunities as possible and wanted to leave it up on every page. I don't think it really harms the UX materially.

Hey Jeff - This is a small trade-in tab that dealer has statically sitting in toolbar across all pages, just like their social icons. In the bottom left, they are running service offers only on the service page URL. They choose to keep the trade-in tab static throughout their site since they receive a good amount of leads off it each month. I see your point, however dealer wants to generate as many of these opportunities as possible and wanted to leave it up on every page. I don't think it really harms the UX materially.

Oh, I see now. Those fun and amazing tool bars. @Ryan Osten don't you provide the ability to prevent the trade-in form from engaging on specific pages? I'm sure you do BUT just as you have pointed out...

They (the dealer) choose to keep the trade-in tab static throughout their site since they receive a good amount of leads off it each month.

Okay - but are they converting on this page? Doubtful. But I get it..."if that's what the dealers wants" then let's give it to them, despite it not being the right thing to do.

And then we have the whole debate around the actual value of trade-in leads and technology behind them.
http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/threads/do-you-give-trade-in-figures-online.3986/
http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/threads/trade-in-appraisal-tools-suggestions.1989/

This is @Alex Snyder favorite subject. :D

This is definitely more of an in-person item. Even if this was effective occasionally, I think you're better off not discussing the idea with them at all until you see their vehicle.

Option 1: Put a vehicle appraiser in the service department
Option 2: Put a mirror hanger in the car after service offering a free appraisal OR already completed appraisal with price
Option 3: Integrate (as Jeff said above) with AutoAlert, etc so that you're only targeting customers who can make the move

Any of the 3 can and have worked in the past, but blindly offering trade in opportunities to every service appointment seems silly.
Most of the sales people I work with now show their customers how to book a service appointment online when they buy the car - I don't want to bombard my brand new customer with requests to trade in their vehicle.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
"Those fun and amazing tool bars."

If that is indeed sarcasm, I find it off-putting. You must have data regarding the performance of the toolbar. Please be kind enough to share...

Those "toolbars" do tend to be a bit tacky and out of place. I personally, without extensive data to back it up, prefer that the call to action on each page is geared towards the customer that landed on that page, why they are on that page and what I am hoping they achieve on that page. I don't want to give them the same lead buttons on every page of the website.

I would hope that the dealership is tracking the effectiveness of the strategy. Maybe they have a good reason for leaving it up? Personally, I don't like the strategy. The customer came to the page to schedule a service appointment. Now they have to read and take action on the popup. Let's assume for a minute the customer does register for an appraisal. Now to schedule their service appointment, they have to register and type their info in a second time. Just my opinion. Hopefully not coming across in a biovating manner @JoePistell Thanks for teaching us a new word today!