• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Training

davidmoon

Boss
Nov 23, 2010
First Name
David
For some of you who have checked out my LinkedIn profile, you know that I was in online education for car dealers. Well, I'm considering going back into that industry as a consultant. I'd be also consulting in other industries. My question is, what do you think about video-based online video training for your industry? What's some of the best and worst that you've seen?

Carmind.com - A New World of Automotive Sales Training - They have a great library of videos along with some reports that show you who's taking the weekly classes you selected or not.

Jared Hamilton from DrivingSalesTV | Car dealer WebTV covering everything automotive related was talking about something similar.

I think the hardest thing you'll have to overcome is: WHY YOUR PROGRAM?

Here's what you are up against:

Carmind is being pushed by DealerSocket - lots of dealers... Soon (if not already) their sales staff is going to throw it in to close deals ...

DrivingSales I believe is NADA Certified program...

Maybe you can just become a reseller for somebody that has already done the work...

First, it's a competitive market. And everyone has their favorites and disciplines. And yes, it's often on the cut list when the economy is rough.

I think they care, it's just doesn't always stick, and they don't always feel that they get a full value. Dealerships also hop from one trainer to the next and don't give training the priority it needs in the everyday company culture.

Ideally, online training should not be a replacement for live training. It's a maintenance supplement for a blended learning environment. Not all trainers/educators see it that way.