• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Twitter "newspapers" - anyone tried this yet?

Eley,

I was just thinking about this exact subject today. I jumped on the bandwagon awhile ago with The Ed Brooks Daily. I don't even enjoy reading it every day. The problem is it can easily be taken over by a few tweeters - if they are popular and tweet a lot. In my case it is @mashable and @rww. It's great Social Media content, but if i want to read them, I can check out their sites.

My solution was to create a new paper from a twitter list I compiled for that purpose. The new paper is called The Just Car Folks Daily and I love the result. The list is made up of real thought leaders in the retail auto industry so the stories are all on target. Editing the contributors from hundreds and hundreds down to about 100 has made a big difference. I really enjoy reading it every day (and I'd be honored if you all did as well).

Now my audience is different than yours. My paper is designed for people in the car business. Yours would be for car owners and car buyers.

My advice is to compile a list. In your case Eley I'd get as many GM folks that tweet customer related content, general car and car care information, and then a mix of local content from local radio, tv and newspapers (they all tweet). Read your paper every day and keep editing the twitter list that paper is created from, In the end you'll have content worth reading.

Oh... don't forget to put yourself on the list!

Last edited:
@Ed - after reading your post I feel my comment was a little "harsh". The dailies are getting out of hand and majority of the issues I started reading were the exact same content. I will make sure to take another look at "Just car folks" daily and be a little more opened minded.

I'm sure a DealerRefresh daily with our users content would be some valuable reading for sure.

@Ed - after reading your post I feel my comment was a little "harsh". The dailies are getting out of hand and majority of the issues I started reading were the exact same content. I will make sure to take another look at "Just car folks" daily and be a little more opened minded.

I'm sure a DealerRefresh daily with our users content would be some valuable reading for sure.
And with that attitude Ryan, you are ON the list! :D

Eley, If you were to start with core list of:
@GMblogs
@GMNewsUS
@ChevyVolt
@TheReal_OnStar
@facesofgm
@Cadillac
@Buick
@ThisIsGMC
@chevrolet
@AAA
@AAAauto
@AskPatty
You'd be off to a solid start GM-wise. Add some local flavor so it's not all car stuff and you'd have a readable paper.