• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Uncle Joe's Makeover Diary 2.0

We need publically available window sticker sources, anyone help?

Out of curiosity, do you have data that shows that consumers are seeking window stickers?
I hear dealers talk about it alot, but is a window sticker something that consumers are trained to look for?

Or are you looking to extract that info and put it somewhere they do see/read?

Out of curiosity, do you have data that shows that consumers are seeking window stickers?
I hear dealers talk about it alot, but is a window sticker something that consumers are trained to look for?

Craig,
Excellent logic progression. I totally see the mad scientist at work :)

Here's my logic progression:
VDP pollution is real
Mobile traffic is king
Mobile users love images (pinch n zoom)
OEM Window stickers communicate
--listing accuracy (shopper concludes "I know this car has these features, IDK if the other VIN has these features)
--listing authority (& the dealers desire to help)

IMO, it's win win with ZERO downside.

Going way off-topic, this is exactly why I think these new FTC rules are somewhat pointless. We're required to have a window sticker, yet customers hardly look at them. We are required to have a Buyer's Guide, but customers don't even know what they are and don't look at them at all. We're required by TIL to go over the contract thoroughly, but customers don't listen when we do. The "good guy" dealers (which I believe I fall under) are excited about these rules, but I don't think they'll change a thing, because the customer won't even be aware of them.

I was at used car dealer lot (CarMax) recently.

How do you solve the issue that most of this window stickers are hard to read?
- buried under grit
- protected by UV and Tint

I use them to see the price because some dealer about 3 decades ago thought it was easier to take the price off the window.

Question:
How many of you while reading this thread clicked and expanded to read all the features in these window stickers?

We need publically available window sticker sources, anyone help?
The manufacturers keep a pretty strong hold on the window stickers I believe. When inquiring with MonroneyLabels that's what they had said. The manufacturer wants their cut of the dollars made off their data!

** I've searched high and low for an alternative, but no luck yet. :/