• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

VDP listings for cars.com and cargurus.com

lander06

Green Pea
Feb 26, 2012
Awards
First Name
Luke
Has anyone seen a complete VDP listing report with specific VINs and search Zip codes for cars.com and cargurus.com?

I would like to reconcile our store’s sales with the VDP listing report. The idea is to combine the VIN with the search ZIP to create a unique search field. Then, do the same with your sales data. Use the MATCH formula in excel to match the combined VIN and Zip VDP data to the combined VIN and ZIP sales data. This would give you a estimate on the how many sales your store can attribute to a cars.com, cargurus.com, etc. Autotrader reps have the reports and will distribute if asked, but I have yet to find someone at cars.com or cargurus.com that can provide the data.

Reactions: joe.pistell
Cars.com is getting ready to launch a completely new Dealer Center. I have seen the beta version, and it is actually quite an upgrade.

I believe they renamed it the Dealer Hub...not that it matters.

I don't remember specifically if the information you are asking for will be in the new reporting section. I wish I could tell you.

Clint

I just checked, Luke, and it looks like you already have access to our dashboard, let me know if you need me to resend your login data. We don't have the VDP details that you are looking for (we just have the summary of the number of VDP views). We do have the consumer's Zip Code data on the Lead detail report, though. I'll PM you my contact info if you have any further questions.

Has anyone seen a complete VDP listing report with specific VINs and search Zip codes for cars.com and cargurus.com?

I would like to reconcile our store’s sales with the VDP listing report. The idea is to combine the VIN with the search ZIP to create a unique search field. Then, do the same with your sales data. Use the MATCH formula in excel to match the combined VIN and Zip VDP data to the combined VIN and ZIP sales data. This would give you a estimate on the how many sales your store can attribute to a cars.com, cargurus.com, etc. Autotrader reps have the reports and will distribute if asked, but I have yet to find someone at cars.com or cargurus.com that can provide the data.

Hi Luke,

Tom Muellner from Cars.com here. So sorry about the mix up. We can definitely help you pull a VDP/activity report; however, we may not be able sync VDPs to zips exactly as you referenced. Your account manager, John, is going to reach out this morning and walk through the reports we can pull with you. If you have any other issues or concerns, feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected].

And as Clint mentioned, we're in the process of rolling out new dealer reporting tools, which should provide an extra layer of insight to shopper activity connected to your dealership and inventory.