• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Vehicle Pricing

iceman101

Over the Curb
Dec 15, 2009
First Name
Jason
Any help out there is appreciated.

I am looking to find a vendor to update my database of vin numbers with manufacture pricing after incentives. My ultimate goal is to download a database from a dealership and update it in-house with current manufacture pricing. Any suggestions on a vendor that can do something like this? It is almost what black-book does but they can't do new vehicle pricing after incentives to show people their low monthly payment.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone. It's hard to write out.

How would someone go about calculating monthly payments of a new car to put on a direct mail piece or website. I got something in the mail other day that this was being done. I would not think they would generate these monthly payments individually by hand. Can anyone help out on this? Ask me questions if you need to clarify this mess of words.

What you probably received could have been done based off your last deal and an educated guess from a service like Polk or Experian showing that your credit standing is still in good order. Then the mailing list company gets a list of rates and terms from the dealer to plug into a formula. The dealer just chooses with region (zip codes) to target with the mailer.

Here's a complex example:
If income greater than $50,000 annually and lives in zip code XXXXX with current car payment greater than $200 a month, then apply this rate and term to a 2010 model of the same model in the customer purchase record.

This isn't an exact example, but it might give you the idea. So the annual household income and zip code might come from Polk. The rest of the information could come from either an OEM database or the dealer's database. The equation and piece of mail comes from the mail house.

Here's a complex example:
If income greater than $50,000 annually and lives in zip code XXXXX with current car payment greater than $200 a month, then apply this rate and term to a 2010 model of the same model in the customer purchase record.

Alex,

Thanks for your help on this. This is exactly what I want to do but pay someone else to do the calculations for me. Just looking for a company that can update all of our clients databases which we have in-house with these payments. Anyone out there know of a company that can do this? I know there out there I just don't know where to begin to look.

There are quite a few. JM&A has some tools that can help. Your DMS company probably does too. You should also check with your CRM company. If none of them can help, then there are outside companies like DMI or DME? (I think that's them) and Velocity who make this their specialty.

I'm sorry I don't have more information on the latter two companies readily available to me while I'm mobile. I have their business cards back at my desk. I tried doing a quick Google search for both, but couldn't find either.