• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Vendor Tactics that make you go WTF

It seems as though a few new vendors have jumped on the forums to ignite old threads and pitch products. Part of what makes DR better than other forums is the integrity of vendors conversing here. While I welcome new vendors (and their products) I hope that they abide by the rules of the forum.

They better abide or else they will be kicked out. If anyone questions a new members integrity, and purpose of joining our community - please PM with a link to the thread/response in question. I try and read each and every post as they come through,but some days a few gets through the cracks

Okay - back to the topic of discussion...

Yag, being in sales it is tough to get in front of people sometimes, but I disagree with your first sentence actually. If you have a good product that has solid results, then ask for the appointment, simply be yourself and demonstrate your products and solutions to dealers honestly and without gimmicks. I think that wins more credibility than anything with level headed thinking dealers.

Eley,

I get it. This guys was asking for an appointment (I think) but the way he asked was not very professional (even though he later took the time to apologize which in my book says a lot of good about him).

It is hard being a dealer nowadays, it is also hard--even with a good product with solid results--to be a vendor.

Reactions: 1 person