• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Video Solutions for Dealer Websites

I did a product demo of WalkAround not that long ago. I remember liking the product, but I believe the price was the biggest turnoff. Still a good idea, but I would like to find a way for dealers to do this "organically" with a process that uses tools already available. Either way, anything that makes it easier for them to accept change is good for me.

I've yet to see anyone talk about SVM, this can be a added bonus to your Video Strategy!
As far as Video Marketing and Video SEO, The key is to find a partner that is going to give you a 50 mile exclusive market.

Unity Works has the same brands competing in the same markets using pre-roll and video seo.
They don't promote and social bookmark any of their video's organically with their Video SEO platform.

I do like WalkAround Video , it gives the dealers a easy solution to create video content:)

The key is to promote, market and fully optimize the video content!

"Happy "James Hodge Toyota in Muskogee,OK

Last edited:
I did a product demo of WalkAround not that long ago. I remember liking the product, but I believe the price was the biggest turnoff. Still a good idea, but I would like to find a way for dealers to do this "organically" with a process that uses tools already available. Either way, anything that makes it easier for them to accept change is good for me.

Sorry to hear that Craig.

I've personally been working very close with WalkAround Video and I know they have made some changes to the pricing structure. They now offer a "Lone Ranger" package for the individual user that works for a dealer that doesn't want to pay for the whole dealer to use the service.

I personally love the service so much and was speaking about it so much so they asked me to be part of their dealer advisory board. If you have any suggestions around the product or service, send me a PM here on DealerRefresh and I'll be sure to share with the WAV team.

There are a LOT of apps and services available for free dealers can utilize. The obvious one being YouTube. But consider the features some of your smaller / industry services provide like: Dealer branded and employee branded landing pages, less noise that keep the customer focused on your video and offer (unlike youtube and others where there's 10000 of of other videos being promoted, sometimes from the local competition), the ability to manage and distribute videos after management approval, etc etc.

Craig, one fault I have is assuming everyone else is as motivated or has the skill set to implement the organic approach. Take the lowest denominator and ask your self... will they DO it. It has to be easy or it will be on the shelf.

We're using Walkaround Videos at our 2 stores. It's a solid product that just works. I am a big fan of anything that I don't have to babysit. They also have good back end stats to see if anyone is actually looking, we get about a 75% open rate. That's a heap better than a lot of e-mails.

The app is easy. Now, does it sell a car? Not sure. Does it separate us from the templates, carbon copy junk that is being sent? Definitely. Customers respond that "no else did that" and they appreciate the effort plus repsond. They can also respond through the video they were sent.

My biggest challenge is getting staff to get off their chair and go make one. I use it for web leads, "see, the car is actually here". I have bigger plans for it as well as I explore the next steps to our interaction with potential customers.

At MBH, we are now using AutosOnVideo for our full more professional Walk Around Videos and our one to one personal response videos.

Here's a quick example of our more "professional" walk around videos. The sales team can add a personalized intro if they like or send just the video. They can do this using their phone app or desktop.

Reactions: craigh