• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Video Solutions for Dealer Websites

Nathan - in the Dealer.com Control Center there is a "Edit page metadata" button in the top left part of where you edit your web pages. You should hop in there and update this page. If you need help, let me know. Other than that, great job :thumbup:

Ah thanks for the heads up Alex. I haven't reworked the meta-data on all the custom pages on Infiniti of Lisle site yet. I'll get that one fixed soon! In fact that video page is pretty old at this point. We've been toying around trying to make use of some of the new dealer.com video features to ease the process of adding new videos.

So far this is what we've come up with: Infiniti of Lisle - Infiniti dealer serving Lisle, IL

The reasoning for this is that in order to add a video testimonial all we have to do is tag it when we upload it and it's automatically integrated into that page. Sadly I haven't gotten a response from Dealer.com yet on wether we can break out that page on it's own custom page yet. As I'm sure many people know the Dealer.com custom pages are decent to work with but spacing can be a huge pain at times as well as a host of other issues. With the new video tagging system it makes the process much more automated, sadly they don't give us more room for customization out of the box yet.

On a side note, Joe, I really like your integration of the wheels.tv ads! That's pretty neat. Also the production value on the in house videos are top notch, bravo!

Joe - I'll second that, you're definitely a beast. Awesome! Always a firehose of great insight and data.

I'm always jacked about Canadian companies breaking in but social media needs to be done at a dealer level and not by a 3rd party as it seems Rebel Dealer does. Would be interested in seeing their video options.

We're pumped to see AutoMotion on our new sites, good to see them listed here. I've still got plans to do actual videos of all the new Lincoln models as a sales competition within our Ford store, it just seems so much more trustworthy to have videos done at the actual dealership. If it works out well we're doing it for the other lines as well.

Joe - I'll second that, you're definitely a beast. Awesome! Always a firehose of great insight and data.

I'm always jacked about Canadian companies breaking in but social media needs to be done at a dealer level and not by a 3rd party as it seems Rebel Dealer does. Would be interested in seeing their video options.

We're pumped to see AutoMotion on our new sites, good to see them listed here. I've still got plans to do actual videos of all the new Lincoln models as a sales competition within our Ford store, it just seems so much more trustworthy to have videos done at the actual dealership. If it works out well we're doing it for the other lines as well.

Mitch I'm currently working with my old GM dealer to come up with a professional "specials" video that is going to be used on their homepage, facebook, email marketing campaigns. Was able to get some amazing stock footage from their marketing department (GM). I was going to have the video completed next week but we decided to wait until early July as of their programs change June.30.

If GM comes back with Leasing in Canada as it is rumoured to do very soon this video will get some nice traffic.

I'm very interested in video and have done extensive research. Think I found the right vendor to work with. I will post the video here when it is finished to get some feedback. May be my first and last attempt at video :lmao:

Thank you Dealer Refresh Nation!!

ps. Joe is an Altered Beast....great work boss

Mitch I'm currently working with my old GM dealer to come up with a professional "specials" video that is going to be used on their homepage, facebook, email marketing campaigns. Was able to get some amazing stock footage from their marketing department (GM). I was going to have the video completed next week but we decided to wait until early July as of their programs change June.30.

Ryan,

Nest your specials video on the specials page. The page views will be smaller than the home page, but the # of videos played and how long they are played will be far superior (read: higher ROI).

The Home page is the "fly over" page, no one wants to hang there for info. The home page is like the front cover of a magazine, everyone knows that the cover shows you whats inside.

p.s. Reduce your "shopper engagement" expectations.
p.p.s. Shoppers don't want slick Hollywood high dollar studio quality product videos, they want what they can't get on TV. Few do it as well as Crag B's Acton Toyota:

hahahaahah

(don't try this at home, HUMOR is wickedly difficult)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sister is still in business and they have quite a few resellers. Not sure about their homepage but they have a decent solutions for dealers.

Though I personally have used and continue to use UnityWorks for most of my dealers video needs.