• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Chubbard

Full Sticker + Prep
Oct 4, 2016
First Name
Crystal
Hi All,

My dealership has just started getting into video, and I'm wondering if it's worth it to set up a Vimeo account in addition to our YouTube channel. Would the Vimeo account cannibalize YouTube for any reason? I'm also not sure that my market is on Vimeo, but I suppose there's only one way to find out...

Thanks in advance for your feedback and suggestions!

Personally, I stick with YouTube. It has all the reporting, advertising and exposure you could want.
I imagine the % of people you might miss by not being on Vimeo is quite small.

I typically leverage YouTube and pay to promote the occasional video to get some extra exposure.
YouTube videos embed nicely everywhere (especially social media) so it makes it a great single place to track as much activity as possible.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
Vimeo is the best for high quality hosting. It puts more effort into recreating the colors, effects, and motion than YouTube does. That's because it caters to an artsy/cinematography crowd. YouTube is for the masses. But it is like Google vs. Bing: most people use Google and Google is integrated into more systems' defaults. While Bing results are typically praised over Google's they're not as used. Such is YouTube and Vimeo.

Use Vimeo to share high quality video with stunning visuals where the stats don't matter. Use YouTube for everything else.

P.S. Vimeo requires a membership to upload more than 500MB a month. I just made a 4K video that is 1.3GB. My 1080p videos hover around 1GB to put things in perspective.

• Useful
Reactions: John W. and craigh