• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Vinsolutions Lead Settings/Manipulations

gynoidhurley

Green Pea
May 21, 2019
First Name
Jennifer
Hello all. I'm hoping someone that is better than I am with Vinsolutions can help me out here. I have been with my dealership for about 6 years now. I started here new in the business as a salesperson and moved to this position about 2 years in after the person holding it got let go for some things. About 6 months in the sales manager quit and the owner started the process of finding a new one. He came to me to gauge my interest and naively I thought I was ready. He ended up hiring someone else after coming to me and saying he really considered it but felt that I just needed a little more seasoning which I finally realized was a blessing in disguise.

The person that he ended up hiring has been a massive failure. His son ended up becoming a salesman here within 6 months and it has been game after game and I'm sick of trying to figure out what's going on. We have had some amazing salespeople leave because of the leads and the fact that the son constantly outsells everybody else, with little effort. We both have all of the same access to the systems, we are both admins and managers is VIN. I feel like somehow he is cherry picking some leads before they truly go into the round robin system. There are a lot of leads that end up getting switched to the sons name and where it says who it was switched by it says "by system", which is what it usually says but the timing just seems off. Leads somehow get switched into his name but there's no trail of how it happened. Is there a way of deleting things when you're an admin? Is there a way to go in and make changes as "system"

We were on a manager training call last week and the trainer said something about manually entered internet leads. It may have been nothing but that threw up a red flag for me, especially after thinking that was kind what they were doing anyway.

Maybe I'm just looking too far into it and there is no way of doing any of this, and if there were there would be an unmissable trail. I just know they've been caught doing plenty of dirty stuff and I'm sick of losing good employees over dirty tactics like this. I know something is going on, he's just used this system and learned the tricks for far longer than I have.

Admin in VIN cannot edit assignments & have them show as system, as far as I have found.

If you look in settings > ILM/CRM settings > lead assignment > sales
You can look at the lead buckets & see if there are new buckets with just a single person in the rotation.

I have ran into issues where VIN will assign a lead to BDC A, then immediately transfer it to BDC B. I have been told this is from having too many events fire at the same time, as soon as the lead arrives. So, I had to edit my new lead process in VIN, to make sure things are staggered a little more, which has (mostly) removed that from being an issue.

Hey Jennifer, I know how frustrating that can be. With the notation saying it has been altered by the system, then something in the lead processes or lead assignments has made the change. If it were to be made by an individual it would say that users name specifically. You should look in the "New Internet Lead Process" and see if there is anything set specifically to this user. Also check the Lead Assignments that may have filter set up to pull certain leads out before they hit the Round Robin.I hope this helps, if not you could call your Performance Manager (PM) and ask if they can help you.

Ahhhh - the battle of "fair" lead distribution never ends.

I've been using VIN for a handful of years now. I was very involved in the CRM transition and set up at all 5 of our stores and each BDC/Internet department. No, there is not a way to delete actions in VIN, even as an Admin within the dealership. I would agree with Chris on this...If there are changes being made and they say they're done by the system, then there are probably some processes triggering causing this to happen. The Lead Assignment settings as well as User profiles need to be set up appropriately in order for a "round robin" to truly occur. You may be reading too much in to it, or the settings could be off. However, you should have a Performance Manager from Vinsolutions available to you to answer any type of questions like these. Your PM should be able to walk you through all the settings and processes to make sure they're set properly for your dealership.

Since you have access - you could view all the leads (MTD for example) and see how they are being distributed.

*side note* I do not recommend going in to the system and changing the settings without proper permission/authorization

Thanks for all of the follow up. I've actually been speaking with the assistant BDC manager and he said something is going on as well. I'm not going to change anything because I've been told any changes go directly into emails to the sales manager. It also appears that car chat leads go directly into the BDC managers name and she then disburses them to salespeople as she see fit. They obviously usually go into the sons name. I can pull that up easy enough but it's not enough to take to anybody as the sales manager will just deflect the blame onto the BDC manager. I also wanted to speak with our PM but am a little worried that it will get back to the sales manager. I've called him out on his obvious favoritism before and his simple response was to "prove it". I really don't care if they get fired, quit, or stay, I just want to figure out a way for it to be an even playing ground for everybody.

So I actually confronted the sales manager yesterday and he admitted it but pushed the blame on 2 of the other girls, basically saying how was he supposed to control their actions. I just laughed and said that's fine and told him that was his job. So now I'm going lead by lead and trying to find the area of manipulation. We have 2 chat systems that the other girls control and it definitely looks like that's one of the areas that show the obvious favoritism.

I am able to do just about everything on VIN. I am trying to go through all of the different report options now to see if there is anything I can do to possibly see day by day all of the customers viewed by each person or each of the changes made by each person. Just something to go on. I have a feeling if there is anything they can think of they are going to do anything they can to go in and cover it up or justify it in some way. I also told one of the owners because this dirtball will come up with something now that he knows I'm on to him. The owner said as soon as I have enough to prove it's not a one time thing to bring it to him.

Ahhhh - the battle of "fair" lead distribution never ends.

I've been using VIN for a handful of years now. I was very involved in the CRM transition and set up at all 5 of our stores and each BDC/Internet department. No, there is not a way to delete actions in VIN, even as an Admin within the dealership. I would agree with Chris on this...If there are changes being made and they say they're done by the system, then there are probably some processes triggering causing this to happen. The Lead Assignment settings as well as User profiles need to be set up appropriately in order for a "round robin" to truly occur. You may be reading too much in to it, or the settings could be off. However, you should have a Performance Manager from Vinsolutions available to you to answer any type of questions like these. Your PM should be able to walk you through all the settings and processes to make sure they're set properly for your dealership.

Since you have access - you could view all the leads (MTD for example) and see how they are being distributed.

*side note* I do not recommend going in to the system and changing the settings without proper permission/authorization
So I got a question, when you click the recent tab and go to rotation, does it have something to do with your lead process?

So I actually confronted the sales manager yesterday and he admitted it but pushed the blame on 2 of the other girls, basically saying how was he supposed to control their actions. I just laughed and said that's fine and told him that was his job. So now I'm going lead by lead and trying to find the area of manipulation. We have 2 chat systems that the other girls control and it definitely looks like that's one of the areas that show the obvious favoritism.

I am able to do just about everything on VIN. I am trying to go through all of the different report options now to see if there is anything I can do to possibly see day by day all of the customers viewed by each person or each of the changes made by each person. Just something to go on. I have a feeling if there is anything they can think of they are going to do anything they can to go in and cover it up or justify it in some way. I also told one of the owners because this dirtball will come up with something now that he knows I'm on to him. The owner said as soon as I have enough to prove it's not a one time thing to bring it to him.
Dude I’m having same issue, if you go to recent tab, and go to rotation. Mine says busy and guest all the time but I been getting nothing but out of state leads and freaking email only. Absolutely pissing me off.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 6
This line:
"We have had some amazing salespeople leave because of the leads"
I think I'd simply leave and be amazing somewhere else as well. Lot of time wasted sleuthing for no return instead of out being amazing where appreciated and can move the needle.

Reactions: craigh
This line:
"We have had some amazing salespeople leave because of the leads"
I think I'd simply leave and be amazing somewhere else as well. Lot of time wasted sleuthing for no return instead of out being amazing where appreciated and can move the needle.
Hey I appreciate All the help, because even with this issue I’m leading the board on top of holding most gross. So I think your right