Volvo is changing its EV plans to be less EVs

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex

As more and more manufacturers announce they are not going 100% electric by 2030, it is becoming more apparent some of these 2030 goals are falling apart. I'm waiting on Tesla and Rivian to announce their hybrid plans. Then we know EVs will be a minuscule part of the market.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner

As more and more manufacturers announce they are not going 100% electric by 2030, it is becoming more apparent some of these 2030 goals are falling apart. I'm waiting on Tesla and Rivian to announce their hybrid plans. Then we know EVs will be a minuscule part of the market.

That would be one hell of an indicator.

These decisions are going directly against the proposed Agenda 2030 for "Sustainable Development" being set forth by the UN/WEC in efforts for this one world governance scheme. Seems like a lot of power to go up against.

Reactions: Carsten
It still kind of feels like a lot of manufactures are holding their breath, waiting for what the next best technology is going to be. Even with significant battery technology improvement EVs will not be an answer for everyone. The infrastructure simply isn't in place for a lot of Americans. EVs augmented with a hydrogen powertrain (better Chevy Volt), full hydrogen (assuming fueling can be figure out), or something new we haven't been exposed to yet? I have a feeling those are the things OEMs are asking themselves. No one wants to bet on one thing.

Bingo! Fueling is the issue.

I have access to a 110 power extension cord.
I know several people who have multi variable parking spaces (road side find a spot if you can style).

I think walmart near me has stations ... maybe ...

I park down town in public parking sometimes and haven't seen any dedicated slots.

The only place I knew where I could always find a working charging station was in Japan. Shopping centers have them. Japan has a decent power infra structure considering that they run bullet trains on electric and have hydro every where it seems. They can't even figure fueling out for evs. Well, they do drive mostly 660cc to 1l cars so how can an ev be that much more fuel efficient to make it worth the hassles?

I saw this coming a mile away with these manufacturers back tracking on the EV pledge. Just too early, they lost millions if not billions of money trying to move to the EV market, pushing into those cars that are overpriced. Prices are way too high for the consumer and for the manufacturer to produce these EV cars at the moment.

There will be a time for full EV but just not right now.