#RefreshFriday w/ George Nenni to discuss GMB and COVID19

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
March 20th’s RefreshFriday has been on the calendar for a while to talk about Google My Business #GMB with @georgenenni

Instead of solely focusing on GMB, we will also talk about how dealers can stay engaged with customers who are riding out this COVID-19 outbreak from home.

George has some suggestions on what dealers can do and one of those involves using Google My Business. If you didn’t know, he also wrote a book on GMB. Join us on Facebook LIVE - https://www.facebook.com/dealerrefresh

See you at 1:00 PM EST - on the first day of Spring!

GeorgeNenni_RefreshFriday.png

Maybe you mentioned this and if so forgive me.

GMB yes, extremely important to any dealership, but there are thousands of other public dealer listings (3rd party sites) that should be maintained (such as COVID hours or closings or re-openings etc.) and a dealer should be using a tool like Uberall or the plethora of other tools that data groups like FACTUAL work with @ https://www.factual.com. There is a greater net, Google doesn't just look at GMB and neither do customers.

Last edited:
Looking for help with google my business listing.

Google is listing our parts department hours on our GMB page but when I open the GMB webpage I can only see sales department hours and no other options to change other department hours. where is this hidden for me to change it?

dealerrefresh hours.jpg
The edit button beside hours is seemingly only for the main hours.

Help!!!!

Erik. Just a quick glance at your screenshot. One thing you need to fix immediately is the Categories. You've got to separate them correctly. No mention of departments services on the other pages categories, etc.... The sales listing needs to be strictly for sales. Parts strictly for parts and service strictly for service. Each listing needs to also have it's own separate phone number as well.

The edit button beside hours is seemingly only for the main hours.
That is correct. The issue is, GMB is displaying blended results in the map pack from your additional department / listings for that location. It has nothing to do with that particular listing. Just be glad thats all they're blending is your hours. I had issues with GMB blending our freaking phone numbers. It was a freaking nightmare getting it situated and sorted out. These days, I simply don't even touch this 8,000 lb gorilla called GMB! So far, no one has convinced me that the juice is worth the squeeze with all of the edits and issues and problems that can and are occurring.

Last edited: